Unfolding Destinies with CRNedd

Greetings folks of Magic,

Today we are here with CRNedd to talk about her work, know more about her world, and also get a sneak peek into her writing journey.

C. R. Nedd is an Asian/black author that writes fantasy in the rainy city of Vancouver. When she's not dreaming up her own tales, she enjoys playing the piano, trying exotic foods, snuggling animals, and escaping into magical worlds behind pages. It will always be her dream to write for a living.

About the Book: Lost Identity: Eloria Series Book 1

Since Ellis Moore was found a year ago with amnesia, she has tried her best to fit into a normal life; but she is anything but normal

Since Ellis Moore was found a year ago with amnesia, she has tried her best to fit into a normal life; but she is anything but normal. Nightmares and inexplicable visions seem to be the only link to her past until she encounters a peculiar trio.

Her past follows her when Ellis, her friend, Martin and his sister, Katie return to the park where Ellis was found. Katie is kidnapped by avian shapeshifters, and Ellis and Martin find themselves thrown into the world of Eloria with the help of the peculiar trio.

Ellis soon learns that the key to her past might not be from this world.Before this is over, Ellis will have to make the ultimate choice: to follow the path paved by her past, or to write her own destiny.

Favorite Quote:

"My mind could reconstruct no memory prior to this. My entire existence began this very moment, in the mud and rain."

1

1. What intrigued you to start writing on Wattpad?

I had been writing privately for over a decade but wanted to have readership and community.

2. What is your favourite thing about writing on Wattpad?

I'm always thrilled to see readers interact with my story!

3. What challenges did you face while writing Lost Identity?

My first draft had some room for improvement; namely, some issues with pacing at the start of the story. With multiple revisions and a beta reader or two, I was able to work out the kinks.

4. What influenced you to write about Ellis Moore and her fantastical adventure?

The inciting incident of the story was a dream I had. When I woke up, I had to put it on paper. It was a compulsion to write it down. Lost Identity was written in a month. When I was writing the story (15+ years ago before writing platforms were available), I wanted to read about a w.o.c starring as the lead in an epic fantasy, even if I was the only person to read it.

5. Does any Wattpad story or Published story influence you to write Lost Identity?

Lost Identity was written before I knew Wattpad existed. I imagine the story might be shaped differently if I was writing it on Wattpad with community feedback.

6. What advice would you like to give to other writers writing in the same genre?

Read. A lot. Have others that you trust look at your work to give you feedback.

7. Your favourite Fantasy author?

It's been Patrick Rothfuss since I read the Name of the Wind (a must read if you're looking for an epic fantasy story).

8. Any favourite TV shows which have a lot of magic and fantasy?

A recent show, the Witcher. If you're looking for an older show with a lot of laughs, the 10th Kingdom. :-)

9. What are your current favourite colours?

Green!

10. One word to describe yourself.

So many to choose from, but if I had to pick one at the core of who I am, I'm caring. I'm a bit of a bleeding heart. If you cry, I cry (unfortunately)!

✦••┈┈••✦

Fellow folks of magic, please show your support on the author's personal profile.

Next month, we will be back with another amazing author to share their thoughts with us.