Waving Wands with AdriannaRaines3172

Greetings folks of Magic,

Today we're here with AdriannaRaines3172 to talk about their work. Let's find out more about their world, and get a little sneak peek into their writing journey.

 Let's find out more about their world, and get a little sneak peek into their writing journey

Adrianna Raines is a nineteen-year-old aspiring medical student and author from India. A crazy lover of everything fiction, she started writing on Wattpad at the age of fourteen with no idea how huge this silly little hobby would become for her over the years. Author of viral teen mystery, The Butterfly Effect, and newly released Alice in Wonderland Retelling, Seven Days in Paradise, she believes in never regretting a thing when it comes to making a decision that makes you happy, however insane it might be!

About the Book: Mysteries and Mayhem

Rosalyn Arya Silverhawk has everything a girl can desire

Rosalyn Arya Silverhawk has everything a girl can desire. Perfect looks. A perfect family. A perfect life. But what she does not know is the secret of her existence, which is far bigger than she or anyone else can ever comprehend.

But she is not the only one hiding secrets. What happens when the Blackwood brothers move into Crestfall High with secrets of their own? Together with her friends and family, can she stop the unknown evil looming over New Orleans? 

In a world of dazzle, mirth, and love, lie secrets beyond anyone's imagination. Nothing is as it seems. Trapped in a mesh of conspiracies and earth-shattering revelations, can she make it out alive?

Some things are better kept secret...or are they?

Favourite Quote:

"You came into my dark life as a ray of hope, as a ray of sunshine that I never want to let go of. It is you who taught me to love again. In the past thousand years, I have been dead inside, but it was being with you that made me feel the most alive."

1

1. What is your favourite thing about writing on Wattpad?

The best thing about writing on Wattpad would be the interaction we authors get to have with our readers. I've lost count of how many times my day brightened instantly after reading a nice comment from a reader. The supportive readers and friends I've made on this app are possibly the only things that keep me going and creating more and more fictional worlds!

2. What challenges did you face while writing Mysteries and Mayhem?

Mysteries and Mayhem was the first book that I finished writing and I've come a long way since then. Besides taking time out of busy schedules to carve this world, it was particularly difficult for me to course through the dreaded middle section of my book, as many authors often face. I wasn't a fan of the first draft personally, which was why I went back and introduced a bunch of new plot lines that fleshed out the characters more, and looking back at it now, I'm glad I did that!

3. What inspired you to write a character like Rosalyn Arya Silverhawk?

I wanted to introduce Rosalyn as your typical mean girl, inspired by famous characters like Regina George, Lydia Martin, Caroline Forbes in season 1 of The Vampire Diaries, etc, and eventually, make her grow out of her shallow and materialistic personality. I wanted to have her earn her redeeming arc as the book progressed.

4. Does any Wattpad story or Published story influence your writing?

Honestly, whichever book /TV show/ movie I obsess over inspires me in some way or the other with my writing. I can't name any in particular.

5. What advice would you like to give to other writers writing in the same genre?

RESEARCH. Knowing the topic you're writing about will make the process ten folds easier. My research spans from the most basic of world-building tips to various kinds of poisons and their symptoms (that's the most I can say here to remain PG). But yeah, do tons of research and also read books of the genre you're writing in! It'll help you identify tropes and writing styles that readers tend to enjoy and there's no better way to learn how to build a world than exploring worlds built by other authors.

6. Your favourite Fantasy author?

Currently, it's Holly Black and Leigh Bardugo. I have yet to read Bardugo's books but I love the Shadow and Bone Netflix adaptation.

7. Any favourite TV shows which have a lot of magic and fantasy?

Ooh, I love that you asked! I'm mostly into Kdramas at the moment, so my favorite Fantasy Kdrama recommendations would be Alchemy of Souls, Goblin, Tale of the Nine-Tailed, and Hotel Del Luna.

8. What's your writing playlist?

I love writing to ambient/ classical playlists! Some of my favorite Youtubers who make such playlists are "ultravclet", "ivoryyy" and "oliviaalee"

9. Coffee or Tea?

Tea!

10. Summer or Winter?

Winter (though I'm more of an Autumn girl).

✦••┈┈••✦

Fellow folks of magic, please show your support on the author's personal profile.

Next month, we will be back with another amazing author to share their thoughts with us.