Chapter 3: taking steps

As the night settled in, Vasudha's call came through to Nandini. Vasudha, with gratitude in her voice, thanked Nandini for the delicious lunch she had prepared.

Vasudha: "Dadi, it was so sweet of you to cook and send lunch for us. I felt so cared for and loved."

Nandini: "Bache, it's my pleasure. I'm glad you liked it."

Vasudha: "In fact, Dadi, I was thinking if you could teach me how to make such yummy food. I would love to learn."

Nandini chuckled, "Of course, beta. I'd be happy to teach you. Ab toh tu hamesha mere pass rahegi. Jo bhi kahegi woh bana kar khilaungi tujhe bache!"

Hearing this, Vasudha began to softly sob on the phone. Her tears were full of gratitude towards her new found family and to God who graced her with them.

Nandini understood what Vasudha was feeling and comforted her with warmth and love. To shift her mood, Nandini asked:"Vasudha bache acha kal hum tumse Milne aa sakte hai tumhare ghar?"

Vasudha, feeling a mix of surprise and joy, replied, "Ofcourse, Dadi, Kabhi bhi!"

Nandini: "Okay bacha, what time should we come by? Aap Aangan se kine baje aate ho?"

Vasudha:" Dadi, mai usually 4 PM take aa Jaati hu ghar waapas."

Nandini:" Toh hum log 5 PM tak aa jaayenge bache, theek hai?"

Vasudha:" Ji Dadi, Can't wait to see you!"

Nandini:" Me too bacha! Good night"

Vasudha: " Good night dadi"

Next day, as the Raichand family was headed towards breakfast after their daily puja which they all did together , Amrita took Nandini aside to share some significant news.

Amrita: "Maa, I spoke to Pandit Ji about the mahurat for Anirudh and Vasudha's wedding."

Nandini: "Haan, Amrita. Kya kaha Pandit Ji ne?"

Amrita: "He said something beautiful, something that resonated deeply. He mentioned that Anirudh, the name, is associated with Lord Vishnu. Anirudh means one that is unstoppable. Just like Lord Vishnu ensures everyone's well-being on earth, our Anirudh will do the same for Vasudha."

Nandini: (smiling) "Bahut khoobsurat hai, Amrita. Aur Vasudha ka kya hai?"

Amrita: "Vasudha means earth. So, the connection is profound. Anirudh, like Lord Vishnu, ensures happiness, and Vasudha, the earth, will be the foundation of their happiness. It's beautiful how their names symbolise their connection."

Nandini: "Sach mein, Amrita. Aise anmol rishte ko samajhna zaroori hai."

Amrita continued, "Pandit Ji ne kaha hai ki hum chaar din baad engagement kar sakte hain, aur uske teen din baad, Tulsi Vivah ke din, shaadi."

Nandini: "Bahut accha. Itni jaldi?"

Amrita: "Ji, Maa. Pandit Ji ne kaha ki yeh mahurat bahut acha hai. Par mujhe ab tension ho nahi hai. sab kaise hoga itni jaldi!"

As Amrita shared this news, Anirudh overheard the conversation, and a mix of emotions played on his face. His eyes widened with surprise and then softened with realization.

Anirudh: (to himself) "Chaar din mein engagement aur phir teen din baad shaadi. Itni jaldi? But, it's meant to be... aur wise bhi ab mai Vasudha ko Akele nahi rehne dunga"

As his thoughts trailed off, Amrita noticed Anirudh listening to them.

Amrita: "Ani Beta, I know sab bahut jaldi ho raha hai. But Mahurat..."