Chapter 1: first

The kitchen was alive with the clattering of pots and pans, infused with the rich aroma of spices and the warmth of family banter. Anirudh, dressed in a crisp pink shirt and blue jeans, strolled in with a grin that couldn't be concealed. The clock was ticking, and his excitement for the impending meeting with Vasudha was palpable.

Anirudh: (enthusiastically) "Maa, Badi Chachi, Choti Chachi, Dadi, I'm all set. Is our lunch ready?"

Amrita, with a playful glint in her eye, glanced at Nandini and then turned her attention to Anirudh.

Amrita: (teasingly) "Our lunch haan? Oh, Anirudh, my dear, Vasudha se Milne ke liye betaab? It's like you're the hero of a romantic blockbuster, rushing to a rendezvous!"

Anirudh: (blushing) "Maa, it's not like that. I just want everything to be perfect."

Ragini, his  badi chachi, chimed in, adding her own touch of drama to the scene.

Ragini: (dramatically) "Ah, the fragrance of young love! I remember when your Bade Chachu and I first met. It was like a scene straight out of a Bollywood classic!"

Anirudh: (rolling his eyes with a smile) "Chachi, please! It's just a meeting."

Pallavi, his choti chachi, couldn't let the moment pass without her own playful comment.

Pallavi: "But Anirudh, you've dressed so well! Pink shirt, blue jeans – it's like you're auditioning for the lead role in a love story, not just a lunch date."

Amrita, the mischievous mother, winked at Nandini, setting the stage for the next act.

Amrita: "Maa, hamara Ani bada ho gaya hai. Soon, he'll be bringing home his dulhan, and we'll be dancing at his wedding!"

Nandini chuckled, her eyes twinkling with mirth. She handed Anirudh a carefully packed lunchbox.

Nandini: "Here you go, beta. A little something I whipped up."

Anirudh took the lunchbox, the aroma wafting up to greet him.

Anirudh: (smiling) "Dadi, it smells amazing! What did you pack?"

Nandini: "Ah, a little bit of this and that – the secret ingredients are love and anticipation. Now, off you go, bache! Maine tujhe Location bhej di hai WhatsApp par."

Anirudh: "Dadi bataiye na kya kya hai?"

Nandini:"Tera favourite Palak Paneer, Fried Rice, Bhindi, Dal Tadka, Boondi Raita & Ajwian Paranthas. Aur haan meethe me halwa. Ab ja, jaakar impress kar hamari Vasudha ko, jisse mai jaldi se teri baarat me Naach sakun!"

Anirudh gives his Dadi a full-blown smile, touches her feet and makes his way out of the bustling kitchen, the laughter and teasing followed him like a sweet melody. Little did he know that this lunch, filled with Dadi's love and a hint of mischief, would be the catalyst for a beautiful journey ahead.

Anirudh stepped out into the sunlight, the lunchbox securely in hand, as he made his way to the parking area. The anticipation of his impending meeting with Vasudha was tinged with a sense of mystery as he checked his phone for the address his Dadi had shared. To his surprise, it was the location of an orphanage cum old age home.

Anirudh: (muttering to himself) "An orphanage? Why here? What's Dadi up to?"

His curiosity lingered, but he decided that all his questions would be answered once he arrived. As he approached his car, Anirudh felt a mixture of excitement and nervousness. The lunchbox, a tangible symbol of his Dadi's hopes and approval of Vasudha, felt like a heavy responsibility.

As he drove, his thoughts raced. The nervousness built up, and Anirudh couldn't help but question his own readiness for this meeting. He realized he had never met someone in such a formal, arranged setting. What if he couldn't find anything to talk about? What if Vasudha didn't like him? These thoughts played like a broken record in his mind.