𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 <𝐈>:ℰ𝓃𝒾𝑔𝓂𝒶𝓉𝒾𝒸 ℰ𝓃𝒸ℴ𝓊𝓃𝓉ℯ𝓇

-MONDAY, 31st October 1977-

⋙♔  ♛  ♔⋘

RED. RED WAS ALL I COULE SEE. The red blood, people wearing red clothes, hell even Alice's dress was red. How does a color, one that used to be my favorite just seconds ago, leave such a horrifying impression in your memory, one that you'd gladly forget? I remember sitting on the floor while I couldn't stop looking at Trevor's body even if it mentally and physically pained me. Every time I'd even just glance his way, the stinging pain in my stomach got worse as if a knife was slowly twisting deeper into my flesh. People were hurrying out of the theatre, only some backstage workers hurrying behind but I stayed unnoticed by all of them as if I was truly evaporating into nothing, maybe that would've been better and would've saved me from all the misery coming shortly after the incident. It was as if I was in some kind of trance, unable to turn away my eyes from the bloody massacre in front of me, the pain getting worse by every second.
Until I finally managed to get up as the pain got unbearable and believe me when I say that I can endure much of it, not only physical one.
Everyone was gone now, probably waiting for the police to show up. Until I noticed something in the corners from my eyes, confusion slowly seeping into my thoughts.
An orange flame was dancing on top of a piece of paper while the edges were already turning into ash and flying away with the slight breeze that was coming from underneath the stage.
But it wasn't some normal sheet of paper, it was a playing card to be exact.
Someone had left a burning ace card next to the dead body of my student. The realization hit me like a train, every sense and thought getting clouded by the anger that was starting to flow through my veins and it almost felt like it was everything that I had left. Anger. Pure anger. One of my students had died and someone had killed him.
What would I tell his parents, his family? I knew them, I had met them and now I could only picture the horror on their faces if they found out.
Bloody hell, I thought and everything seemed to get blurry as I looked around but not a single soul was visible anywhere.
I tried focusing on my heartbeat, calming it down and it seemed as if all the noises started getting quieter, my pulse reverberating in a fast but steady beat.
And then hell broke loose.

"PUT BOTH OF YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD AND DON'T MAKE ANY SUDDEN MOVES." The loud male voice echoed throughout the whole theatre and the pain in my stomach—which I had repressed with anger—returned. I slowly turned around and slowly put my hands to my head as I glanced around the empty rows of seats. Three men were walking towards me quickly and their guns were raised in a defensive manner as if I would just pounce at them. As soon as they had reached me, one harshly grabbed my wrists and twisted them—which made me wince in pain—before he put handcuffs on.

"Why am I getting handcuffs?" I asked through gritted teeth while I tried to conceal the pain that was shooting through my stomach and now through my wrists too. Never let your enemies know your weaknesses, and now this man was one of my enemies too.