Earlier on I had told him that I would be hanging out with Leila and Clarissa this afternoon but after the recent discovery, I had stayed home.

"Is something wrong?" He alarmingly stared into my eyes, his thumb rubbing over the skin under my left eye.

"No." I firmly denied but since Grey knew me just too well, I told him the truth.

Only part of it.

"You were all alone the entire time?" I nodded once and Grey pursed his lips, something he did when he wasn't pleased.

"But why?" He probed further even after I'd told him that I just didn't feel like meeting them today.

He looked into my eyes for a while longer and then dropped the matter after realizing I wasn't going to expound further.

"What did you bring me?" I shifted the conversation to something else so quick, Grey giving me another curious expression.

"You were craving the red velvet cake," he carried me with him to the table where he'd left the items.

I had randomly mentioned this to him yesterday night but to see that he'd taken it into account, I hugged him tighter.

"Thank you," he helped me unwrap the box and then began feeding me with the fork packed in there after we sat in the living room.

I ate a large amount, Grey only taking a couple of bites when I forced him to. He was insistent that the cake was entirely mine.

"These are for you too," he stretched out the bouquet he'd come with and I smiled brightly at how many they were.

"I didn't even prepare you anything," I wrapped my hands around his neck, easily resting on his lap.

"There's still time to prepare right now, you know what I love." He wiped away the corner of my lips where some cake cream perhaps lay as he gave me a suggestive look.

"You must be tired," I slapped his chest away and he smiled at the growing blush that continued to spread at his teasing remark.

"I'm never tired for that baby, you know it." I hid my face into the crook of his neck when he didn't stop.

"Alright, I won't tease you." He smiled mischievously and without warning carried me up to our room.

I helped him out of the clothes he'd gone in for work with and while he took a shower, I took my time to think.

I had to tell him soon enough. From our earlier conversation just now, I knew he had noticed that something was off with me.

He wouldn't persist but I knew he'd eventually ask me out of it after he'd given me time.

I prepared clothes for him to change into and after laying them on the bed, I went downstairs.

I started to prepare dinner, cutting the vegetables as we'd agreed so that Grey would do the actual cooking.

Grey joined me almost ten minutes later and I noticed that he'd showered for a short time, perhaps because he did it alone.

I bit my lip at my current thoughts, quickly helping Grey set everything up.

Since I had just had cake before, we prepared something small, Grey eating most of it though I too ate more than I thought I would.

I knew why.

Soon enough we were preparing for bed and I took a while longer in the bathroom, Grey calling me out when I didn't come out after a while.

It's time.