Chapter Seven

Rick Riordan owns PJO/HOO and is one of the best writers on my bookshelf! Here Ya go guys! I know a few of you have been wanting this updated!

Chapter Seven: Veils Removed

Point of View: Third Person

Percy's chest heaves again, but you still can't hear the huge sigh. He motions for Julia and Salem to follow him and leads them up the sidewalk to the door of the house.

Percy rings the doorbell and Paul answers the door. He smiles hugely when he sees Percy and his friends.

"Hey, Percy." Paul bear hugs his son.

Percy actually manages to put one hand on Paul's back, making the man smile warmly.

"Come on in, kids. Plenty of room." Paul says.

He stands aside and let's them all in. Percy heads to the kitchen to see his mom working at the oven. He knocks on the wooden frame of the doorway so she knows someone is there.

She jumps and turns. She grins when she sees him and then it's a slight frown. She walks over to him and his him tightly, trying to make him feel something. Again, Percy is able to put one hand on his mother's back and then forces himself to wrap it all the way around her.

A tear slides down her smiling face and Julia has an identical one running down hers. Paul has tears in his eyes but dries them and Salem watches the scene sadly, yet happily. Grateful for whoever is helping Percy make his mother happy.

This brightens Sally's day immensely. "What do you kids want to do after we eat lunch? Have you ate breakfast yet?" She asks as she pulls away from Percy.

"Yes, we've eaten breakfast. What is there to do around here, Mrs. Jackson?" Salem answers.

Sally giggles and Paul scowls playfully. "Jackson is my wife's maiden name. Percy grew up with it because she hadn't married yet."

Salem purses his lips. "Good thing I didn't call you Mr. Jackson. That would have been bad."

"I thought you told everyone." Julia looks accusingly at Percy.

'They never asked.' Percy signs to her and then turns to Salem. 'Their last name is Blofis'

"Blowfish?" Salem asks.

Percy facepalms, making Julia giggle.

"Blofis. B-L-O-F-I-S." Julia assists.

"Oh." Salem says and then chuckles. "Sorry." He apologizes.

"It's quite alright. It happens all the time." Paul laughs.

"Sweetie, did you learn sign language?" Sally looks at Percy and he nods. "That's great! Now you don't have to write it all down." She grins.

Percy attempts to smile for her and manages a small one that falls away almost immediately, but it makes Sally all the happier. 'This is Julia.' He motions at his girlfriend. 'That's Salem.' He points at Salem.

"Percy, we have been waiting to tell you something for a little while now." Paul says and walks over to Sally to put an arm around her waist.

Percy immediately turns suspicious and looks at his mother. She looks a little sheepish and sad, and she won't look anywhere but at the floor. Percy gets it in a second when he looks at his mother's abdomen. The almost imperceptible bump gives it away.

'She's pregnant, isn't she.' He states.

Paul sighs and Sally looks up, seeming to know what her son just figured out on his own. "She is."

"Are you mad?" Sally asks quietly.

Percy looks over his mother and then the man he considers his real father. He looks at the ground and shakes his head. Then he looks back up at them. 'I know you know that I can't really feel anything, even after all this time and with so much progress. But, I can honestly tell you that I'm not mad, and even if I could feel straight, I wouldn't be them either. So, no, I am not angry. It's one of the most prominent and less fleeting of the emotions I can hardly express and it's not present at knowing what you have hidden from me. I understand why you didn't tell me. I don't feel like I'm being replaced and I would love to have a little sibling. And it's not my choice, it's yours. You don't have to ask my opinion on it. As long as you are both happy, I'm fine either way.'

Sally has tears in her eyes and rushed forward to crush Percy in a hug. He wraps that one arm around her and she is so happy that he is okay with it.

Okay, short chappie here, but I want to see what you think of it. So, enjoy, my lovely readers.