thanksgiving

Y/n has been dating Walker for about 2 months now , they met in school and instantly liked each other.

Today was thanksgiving, and it was the first time both Walker and Y/n's family were all meeting.

Walkers met y/n's parents and brother  and she has met his siblings and parents too.

But this was the first time both their families would be meeting each other, and they both couldn't be more nervous.

The dinner was gonna be held at the Scobells house.

Y/n had just finished her makeup and hair , it was time to get dressed. 

She wore an oversized white off the shoulder  sweater with a light brown corduroy skirt.

She put on her white  leg warmers pairing it with her Uggs.

She brushes her hands through her freshly blown out hair , topping it with a headband.

"Cmon y/n we're leaving now!" Her brother , Matt calls out for her.

"Cominggg!!" She sprays her perfume grabbing her purse.

She meets her family in the car , buckling her seatbelt as they started driving.

She looked out the window , the orange sunset and the red and orange leaves looked so pretty together.

She continues to admire the view on the way as Fleetwood Mac played faintly in the car.

And before she knew it they arrived at the Scobell's house , they all got down from the car going to ring the doorbell.

Heather, Walkers mom opened the door almost immediately greeting the family in excitement allowing them to come in.

Both their families had smiles plastered on their faces while they said hello , Y/n's eyes meet walkers causing her smile to grow slightly.

She walks over closer to him , "Hi" he grinned , "Hi" she smiled back.

He holds out his hand for her to hold , they intertwined their hands together as they followed both their families to the dinner table.

"I don't know why we were so scared , they seem to be hitting it off well already" She chuckles , "Yeah, maybe too well" Walker raises his eyebrow as he watched both his and y/ns dad doing a weird celebration.

"Oh my-" y/n was cut off , "I knew he was called Pete Scobell but I didn't know he was THE Pete Scobell?! We were on the same football team in highschool!!!" Her dad says in excitement followed by Pete's laughter.

"Wowww" she chuckles , Walker doing the same.
They all took their seats.

As the food was being served y/n felt a pair of eyes on her , she turns around to Walker.

"What?" She grinned , "You look so pretty" he says to her.

"Aww thanks walk, you look handsome too" she kisses his cheek , hoping no one would see.

"And the PDA begins!" Tanner says causing everyone to laugh.

"Shut up tanner" Walker says trying to hold in a laugh, "Uhmmm, this looks so good Heather!!" Y/n smiles trying to change the topic.

"Thanks sweetie, I don't usually make pesto pasta for thanksgiving but I had to since it's your favorite" she tells her , patting her head slightly then going to sit back down.

"Awww" y/n gushes , "That's very sweet of you!!" Y/n's mom told Heather as she just smiled at the two.

Everyone started eating and so the topic of embarrassing stories came up.

"Oh I HAVE to tell you guys the time y/n fell into a duck pond" Matt started excitedly.

"Mm no you don't actually Matthew!" Y/n tells him with a sarcastic smile.

"PLEASE do!" Walker says , knowing he'll make fun of her later about it.

After that story and many more everyone was laughing really hard.

They continue talking about other subjects , until they went to the living room.

"Which one do you guys wanna play?" Leena announced as she held a big stack of board games.

"Taboo!!" Tanner said excited , "Agreed" Y/n's dad adds.

Walker knew y/n hated Taboo so he took this as his opportunity to give her the gift he was planning on giving her.

"Uh we're gonna sit this one out , I need to talk to y/n about something " Walker smiles politely as he took his girlfriend's hand and led her outside to the balcony.

"Thank god, I felt like it was mean to say I didn't want to play" she said as they both took a seat next to eachother  on the sofa.

"Yep I know you hate playing Taboo" he responds, "So what did you want to talk about?" She asks him , "I wanna give you something" he digs in his pocket for something as she looks at him confused.

He pulls out a bracelet, they had charms on them and each one represented their favorite memories they had together.

(Like this one)

The charms were things like an 8 ball since they would stay up all night playing 8 ball pool on iMessage together , Popcorn since they went to the movies for their first real date , A skateboard for the times Walker taught her how to ride one , A ...

The charms were things like an 8 ball since they would stay up all night playing 8 ball pool on iMessage together , Popcorn since they went to the movies for their first real date , A skateboard for the times Walker taught her how to ride one , A tulip since that's her favorite flower and he always got her those and sushi since that's their favorite food to eat together.

After he finished explaining what each one means to her, she had the biggest smile on her face.

"Walker.." , "I don't even know what to say I love it so much" she says as she gives him a big hug , he hugs her back rubbing her back slightly.

"Thank you" she pulls away , rubbing his hand that was on top of hers.

"I'm so thankful for you , and I'm so happy our families met each other" he tells her , "Me too, I want to spend every thanksgiving with you" her smile grows.

"I love you" he says , "I love you too" they leaned in for a short kiss, this was their first time saying I love you to each other.

"God I fell hard for you" she chuckles , "As hard as when you fell into that duck pond?" He says , "Oh my god never mind I take back everything you're so annoying" she jokingly punches his shoulder , laughing in disbelief.

"Put it on , let's see how it looks" he says after he finished laughing , "Oh , yeah" she mutters , putting the bracelet on.

She looks at her wrist , "It's stunning , I love it" she admires it as he admired her.

He quickly snaps out of his trance , "We should probably get back to them now , let's go" he said as they got up and walked back inside , giggling at the sight of their families shouting answers at each other.

MATILDA SPEAKS !
first chapter finallyyy , idk why this took me so long to update