|Aʀᴇ Yᴏᴜ Gᴀʏ?|

Start from the beginning

'No I can't. Now please explain.', I replied immediately.

'I wish to see you both married.', she ordered me as if I was her slave. 

I stared her with blank eyes, trying to find the joke at her face, but found none. 'Is that a joke?'

'No that's not.'

'Yes that is. Because your wish is just a wish, that's not gonna turn to reality.'

'Understand Avyaansh. She is a great girl.'

I fumed and thumped the chair, before jumping back to my feet. 'I don't care. I don't wish to marry. And if your love her so much, then hook her up with Viraj, no?'

'No I can't.'

'And what's the reason?'

'Viraj's younger to her. And moreover, he called her 'didi' yesterday.'

What she even hearing herself? I threw my arms up in the air. 'Seriously?!'

'Yes. And you have to follow my order.'

'And why do you think I'll do that?'

'Because I am your grandmother.'

'No you are not. Have you ever considered my as your grandson? You know what, do whatever you want, but I am not falling for your useless demands.'

'We homed you Avyaansh, and this is what you do now?'

'No you didn't homed me, my dear grandmother. You just sheltered me, where there's no love and no affection.' I retorted back, trying hard not to scream at the top of my lungs.

'Such a thankless part you are. You shouldn't forget Avyaansh, you would have been begging on the roads somewhere, if we didn't take you in.', her face reflected disgust.

'Correction! You didn't take me in, dada ji did. Because he was mature enough to understand that I was just a little kid who was on the roads, just due to your spoilt son, who would run to the brothel anytime he wishes to, not caring he has a wife waiting for him at home. Your son birthed me, I didn't chose to be born. And when he did, I was his responsibility, whether he liked it or not. And if he was not ready, then he shouldn't have impregnated my mom.', I blasted.

'Oh really? Then in case you have a poor memory, let me remind you, your dada ji passed away you were just 9. We could have thrown you out, but we didn't.', this lady just wants to prove her point anyhow.

'I have great memory power, dadi, but it seems like you have a poor memory. Let me remind you this, you and Malini aunty once tried throwing me out, but instead dada ji ended up calling cops upon you guys, I was your and your son's responsibility which you guys can't deny. You had received warning from the cops. Remember?', her ego was getting hurt. She was getting restless finding herself failing.

 'Of course I remember. But if we are talking about the laws, then the laws also state that once the child turns 18, a adult, he is free to live alone, by himself. Then why won't you leave when you turned 18?', I laughed at her statement, clearly mocking her.

'Are you sure you are not suffering from STML? I guess I need to get some tests for you. I tried leaving, my dear grandmother, but it was you who stopped me, reason being Viraj and Kavya were too attached to me. And you couldn't see your darling grandchildren cry due to me leaving. And not to forget, I am earning my own living since I was 18.', she stood mum hearing me, she failed in convincing me. I smirked. Winning in front of them was a big victory.

'And regarding Radhika, she's a great girl, I agree. But not the one for me. And more than my no, her decision is more important. Mind that!', whispering the last phrase, I stormed out the room, banging the room behind my back, I heard dadi scream my name before I went far away.