Chapter 18

A long sigh escaped Wonwoo's lips before he took a sip of his coffee. Meanwhile his three other friends only watched him with questioning looks, none bother to disturb him from whatever is his mind deeply thinking about.

Wonwoo noticed.

"Sorry guys, I just don't have mood." He said.

"It's okay, Wonwoo. Tell us what's wrong? Did you fought with Yeoreum the last time you guys met? She haven't been summoning you for almost a week now." Jun asked whilst softly patting Wonwoo's back.

"That made me wonder as well. She summoned you like twice a day at least." Hoshi piped in.

Woozi crossed both his arms together.

"You're never like this, Wonwoo. I knew it's because of Yeoreum. I knew you have feelings for her, but you're a genie, Wonwoo and Yeoreum is a human. Do you want to get punished and get disqualified from being the professor?" Woozi raised an eyebrow, death glaring his dear friend.

Wonwoo didn't say anything.

"You've always wanted to be the professor. You literally are close enough to become one. There's left only one wish to grant and poof, you will be announced as the new professor." Woozi added, sounding more stern now.

It's not that Woozi didn't care about Wonwoo's feelings at all, but it's because he cares for his friend. Woozi knew Wonwoo wanted to be the professor so bad, he didn't want all of Wonwoo's struggles and efforts he did up until now to be nothing.

"Wonwoo, we're genies. Yeoreum is a human. I'm sure you'll find a better genie." Hoshi said as he put a hand on Wonwoo's shoulder.

Wonwoo sighed again.

"I granted her sixth wish." He finally said, after being quiet for a long time.

"What was her sixth wish, Wonwoo?" Jun questioned.

"To know her true feelings." He laconically answered.

"And she haven't been summoning me ever since." He continued.

"Hmm, that's weird." Hoshi poked his chin.

Wonwoo's curious to death to know the answer to that, Yeoreum's true feelings. Why haven't she been summoning him for almost a week now? Was the answer Mingyu? Maybe deep inside, she does still have feelings for Mingyu that's why she was heartbroken when Mingyu told her that he have a crush on someone else, that's what he thought.

"Do you really like her though?" Hoshi queried with an eyebrow raised. Wonwoo didn't say anything again, he only stared at Hoshi with an emotionless face.

"Are you dumb? He clearly likes her." Jun rolled his eyes.

"I know but, do you think that you really does like her? What if it was just some kind of an admiration or something." Hoshi shrugged after finishing his sentence.

"I like her and I want to be with her." He murmured.

Woozi only shook his head.

"And I know that I'll get punished if the Head of Discipline knows this." He added.

"Which will mean, I'll get disqualified to be the professor." His voice sounded almost as if he's whispering, lowering his head, Wonwoo sighed again.

"Worst, I won't be a genie again, but a civilian."

"First you'll get punished and then you'll be disqualified to become the professor and lastly, you'll be a civilian instead of a genie? That's so cruel!" Jun rebuked.

"Your only fault is falling in love." Hoshi frowned.

"It's in the rules, falling in love with a human while doing your job is considered as a betrayal to the genie world, it's also because Wonwoo is already qualified to be the professor, with him falling in love with a human will set a bad example to the other genies." Woozi explained in an impassive way.