Chapter 09

"Hey, Yeoreum!" Mingyu greeted from afar as he raised his hand, waving to her with a very bright smile.

Yeoreum could feel her legs getting weak, like she might fall to the ground and pass out in any second witnessing the handsome and hot Mingyu greeting her like that.

"Hey, you seems excited." She smiled.

"I am. Guess what?"

"What, Mingyu?"

"My mom loved the shoes!" He exclaimed. Yeoreum's eyes enlarged as she beamed in excitement as well.

"Really? That's great!"

"Yeah! I've never seen her looked that happy in a long time. I was so happy to see her smile that bright again." Seeing the smile that Mingyu's currently giving her, Yeoreum could tell that it is indeed a sad smile.

"Aww.." Yeoreum felt sad to hear that, like she wanted to be the one to hear him talk about all the things that's making him sad or mad.

"Thank you so much, Yeoreum. I know I could trust you." He said before he wrapped his hands around her neck, hugging her. Yeoreum though, she couldn't believe it. Having Mingyu to hug her without asking Wonwoo to grant that wish? How her heart beats in a rapid way, how her legs just got weaker than earlier, how her cheeks are as hot as a fire.

Without hesitating, she wrapped her hands around his waist.

"You're welcome." She smiled, closing her eyes as she leaned her head on his chest.

This kind of feeling, it's the thing that Yeoreum wish would never stop, forever.

"Hey, I have morning practice today. Why don't you come and bring Haeyeon along? I might need to hear you shouting 'GO KIM MINGYU' to give me some spirit and energy to do well." And again, Yeoreum really wanted to pass out so bad right now.

"Sure!"

The morning practice started. And yes, there Yeoreum is shouting for Mingyu and his team. Mingyu couldn't stop giggling, shaking his head and even taking glances at Yeoreum. He didn't know, but having her to watch him practicing makes him feel happy.

"THAT WAS CLOSE OH MY GOD YOU CAN DO IT MINGYU!!" Yeoreum yelled as loud as she can.

"Girl, drink some water. You'll have a sore throat." Haeyeon frowned as she handed her best friend a bottle of water.

"Thanks, it's just that I'm in a very good mood today. Like, 100 times more in a good mood." She chuckled.

"What happened? Did he confessed or you confessed or something?" Haeyeon frowned.

"That's too soon. So, no. But guess what happened?" She raised an eyebrow, giving her best friend a sly smirk.

"What?"

There, as much as Yeoreum loves gossiping and someone spilling the tea of hot topics, she as well loves to spill the tea of her own hot topics.

Haeyeon gasped too loud with widened eyes.

"He hugged you?!" She shout-whispered.

Yeoreum nodded whilst grinning.

"Oh my god! Your cheeks' turning red!" Haeyeon pointed her finger to her cheeks.

"You're really happy.." Haeyeon mumbled as she gave her best friend a very proud yet sad smile.

"I am, Haeyeon. I am." Yeoreum looked like she might cry anytime. Haeyeon gave her best friend a hug, gently patting Yeoreum's back, whispering things to comfort her best friend.

"Hey, what's happening?" Mingyu asked the moment he came to the two only to see them hugging as if they're saying goodbye.

"Uhh, nothing. Just me hugging my best friend." Haeyeon answered.