Chapter 5

I awoke disoriented in a big lying down pod that was lined with a soft material that I sunk into, there was a big curved glass cover over it, putting me in a kind of human caccon. I was in a big room filled with other pods, but they were all empty, I noticed a small button inside my pod and cautiously pushed it down. The glass slid back and I got out and stepped onto the shiny floor.

A door on the other side of the room opened up and a woman walked in, she was holding a clipboard in one hand and a pen in the other, she looked up at me and appeared suprised I was up. "Good morning Nick" she said. " You weren't supposed to be up for a few hours."
I looked at this lady like she was crazy and screamed "WHERE AM I!" "Please calm down" the lady said. "I know you have a lot of questions, but I can't answer them." I didn't know if she was trying to work me up or if she was leading up to something so I decided to take the situation and get answers myself. "If you can't give me answers then take me to somebody who can." I said as calmly as I could.

The woman walked over to the wall and up to a panel on it, and pushed a yellow button. A small microphone came out of the wall next to the panel "Hey,uh, Nicks awake and is requesting an audience with Lance and Kell." I stood there with a million questions buzzing through my head, but didn't get to ask any of them before a voice came from the other side of the microphone. "Sure, bring him to the control room." The lady turned to me and said "OK Nick, follow me." She started to walk out of the room, stopped and looked back at me "Coming?"

I looked back at the pod I just got out of, "I've got nowhere else to be" I responded. She turned back around and I walked after her. We entered a large hallway, big enough that 6 people could walk side by side across the whole length of the hall. There were doors lining both sides of the hall, but the doors were so close together that it seemed unlikely that the doors could fit much in them or that anything the doors contained could be of any real value. The lady led me through the halls until we arrived at a big arched door that stood out above the rest.

The woman pushed a button on the door and a ringing noise was heard, then the door opened, and the women motioned me into the room then she closed the door behind me. The room was relatively dark with two windows, one on each side of a big monitor, it showed a map of earth on it. The room was a half-circle shape and had chairs lining the side with the door. There were two men facing the monitor in two little chairs of their own.

"Hello Nick" said the man on the left as he spun his chair around to face me. "I am Kell, and he" motioning with one hand to his left "is Lance." "Hey there." Said Lance. "Hi, um" I stuttered a little thrown of by their niceness. "Would either of you be so kind as to tell me where I am?" "Well Nick" Lance said "You are currently aboard the mega - ship." "And what is a mega - ship? " I inquired. "A mega - ship" Kell piped in "is not only what your on, but it is also, you can say the mother ship to a lot of other ships we have. Like the one you were picked up in." That snapped me back to reality, after all, I was kidnapped. Trying to make my voice sound tough and commanding , I put on my best tough guy face and said "What do you want with me?" I have to admit though, it sounded a little shakey.

It was Lances turn to pipe back in. "You didn't let us finish earlier, the mega - ship is also a school for kids with special powers." I have to admit at that point I was a little intrested. "So what, is the mega - ship the name of the school or-" "To answer that question" Kell came in "you can look out on of these windows" I studied them carefully for a second before I walked over to the right window, and what I saw was probably the most stunning thing I ever saw with my own two eyes. It was like the pictures you see from outer space but a lot cooler. The earth was layed out before me, half was cast is shadows, while the other showed vivid blue waters and continents coverd in shades of green and brown mountain ranges.

I looked back at the men and befr
e I could say anything Kell stood up went over a control panel in front of the monitor, pressed a few buttons, and a square on the floor glowed yellow and a chair disconnected from the wall and glided over to the spot and set itself down. "You might wanna take a seat for this next part." I obliged. "OK, tell me what it is." Lance leaned forward in his chair "You have been felling different since you turned 16, correct?" "Um, yeah but how'd you know that?" He continued "I'll tell you later, but for now, what have you exactly been experiencing?" "Well" I began " it's hard to explain but it's kinda like my insides feel warm, and it gives me a overheated feeling, and it feels like it's getting stronger to. To be honest it's kinda scareing me." Both of them started laughing then and I started to get agitated. Kell finally stoped laughing and managed to say "The last thing you need to be is scared, you should be ecstatic!"

Confused I asked "Why would I be exited over feeling overheated all the time?" "Because" continued Kell "this school is not for normal people, and to answer the question you asked earlier, this monitor." He motioned behind him "Is a special monitor that displays kids who have powers, and are ready for pick up, with a green dot and kids who will have powers but aren't ready for pick up in orange dots."

I looked over at the map there were no green dots but there where a total of 6 orange dots but the dots were ranged from extreme light orange to a dark orange. Kell answered my unspoken question "the darker the shade of orange the closer the kid is to being ready for pick up.Thats how I know you felt odd."

My next question was spoken "You guys keep saying powers and special kids, and all the likes, but what does that mean?" Kell looked over at Lance "He really hasn't figured it out yet." Over the course of the conversation I was becoming calm, still confused, but calm. Lance said something then that made me pretty, not calm "Let me put this in terms you will understand, you have super powers, and so does everyone else on board."