Chapter 3

On the way to school I pondered what could be causing the odd inner warmth I'm feeling. During the whole drive I could think of no real solutions and decided to do some research on my computer when I got home. I pulled into the lot of my school, Eastview High school, and parked in the student's lot and got out of my car. It was a cold morning in early September, especially here in Alaska. I looked to the sky, it threatened snow. Snow wouldn't be unexpected, since it is 19 degrees out.

I just now realized I forgot to get my coat on the way out of the house
and felt stupid for it, untill. "Wait, I'm not event cold, why would I feel dumb about something that's not even bugging me? Actually now that I put it like that, why isn't bugging me? It's 19 degrees!" Deciding to put it in the back of my mind and add it to the list of things I can't explain, and probably relates to the odd warm thing I fell, I walked twords the school.

I wasn't too early so I could just walk to my first class without waiting for someone to unlock the doors, and I did. I walked into the room the walls covered with formulas and a picture of a kitten hanging on a wire saying "Hang in there, Fridays coming!"I glanced over at the calender on the wall to check the day, Wednesday. "Awesome" I mumbled sarcastically. I went over to my desk and sat down then waited for class to start, once it did we reviewed for a chapter test that was due to be taken the next day.

Overall the day was uneventful and for all it did for me might have well just not happened. I left the school and got in my car, eager to be done with the day, and drove off. About halfway home I noticed a big fire in the sky. (No, not the sun) This airborne flame was getting larger by the second, it was approaching a large section of woods about a mile ahead, curious I speed up to get a beeter look. I pulled over onto a line of grass next to the woods and got out.

I looked up and waited for the ball of flame to come closer, after a few seconds I watched in awe as the flame sailed over my head and crashed into the forest behind me. I stood there for a moment looking in the direction of the crash, I weighed what I should do in my head. I could A. get back in my car and drive away and pretend I never saw a giant flame ball crash to earth, OR option B. Go see what it was and decide what to do from there. Figuring the damage is done I chose B. I ran into the woods and about 100 yards away I saw a lot of smashed up trees but my extreme suprise, no fire. I cleared to distance between the crash site and myself pretty quick.

When I looked around a tree I got another suprise, before me was a ship, similar to a stereotypical U.F.O but more of mix between that and the rockets we launch to the moon. I noticed that the smashed up trees were from this ship landing on it, and the fire I saw in the sky was most likely the rockets engines working to slow the craft down. I stayed behind my tree, a little afraid to approach the ship, after all I've seen the alien movies and didn't know how much of them to believe. Then again it might be peaceful, but I wasn't exactly thinking logically because ever since I was a kid movies have drilled into me that alien = bad.

I watched as a part of the ship started to unfold from the main body and it gently folded down with a audible hiss of pressurized air being released. Again a suprise came barreling twords me when an ordanary man stepped out of the shuttle and looked around. I hid back behind my tree because I didn't know if he was friend ot foe, and I didn't very much feel like being disintegrated by some sort of ray, no thank you. I cautiously peered around the tree and saw the man was tall around 6 ft. And had short blond hair with the bangs sticking up like spikes. He wore a bulky suit, entirely different from the ones astronauts wear, but kinda like the ones storm troopers wear. At least it would be if it didn't look so high tech.

I watched as the man pressed a few buttons on his wrist and a holographic image popped up showing the picture of a boy. The boy had long shaggy brown hair that fell about a inch above his shoulders and keeping with the long hair in the back the bangs were mostly of to one side, about 3/4 of it and the rest fell on the other side. His hair was also thick and it looked like it would constantly fall in his face if it wasn't for the glasses he wore. He also had brown eyes that showed intelligence the kid also didn't appear to have that much acne.

The kid looked terribly familiar and I couldn't figure out why and then the image moved a little to the left and I got a perfect view of it and I saw in that picture, no one other than me. I panicked then and thought that I should probably picked option A. I looked around me and saw a decently sized rock by my feet I bent over and picked it up, now I had something I could at least attempt to defend myself with if the situation went south.

I looked back to the man and saw the picture had changed from a picture of me to a overhead view of the spot the ship landed and connected to the ship was a blue line leading from the ship to exactly where I was standing. The man smiled and then looked directly at me, I threw the rock at him as hard as I could and it bounced lamely of his chest plate. I ran like I never dreamed I could, the wind was at my feet and I never looked back. Big mistake. Huge mistake. Maybe I if I did I would have avoided this massive net that slammed into my back and tightened around me.

The net turned into a large metal box and the last thing I remembered was hearing the sound af gasses being released into the box and I slumped over, unconscious.