Chapter 1

I felt dirty and grimy because the sweat from my dream still clung to my body. I wanted to take my shower and get ready for school but it was only 2:00 A.M and I didn't have to get ready untill 5:30 and get to school untill 7:00. So I decided I should take my shower and get ready. Then I would have a few hours to do that trig. homework I didn't do in favor of my b-day party.

As I hopped out of bed my insides felt warm but it wasn't painful although it made me fell overheated. "It's probably nothing important,a cold shower should cool me off, I'm just imagining it because of the dream." I thought.

I exited my room and walked to the bathroom, im a single child so it didn't matter when I did something in the bathroom because I didn't share it with anyone. I did have in the house both my parents, so I wasn't completely alone.

The house was a 2 story home with a finished basement. I lived upstairs next to a guest bedroom with the bathroom across from my door. All 3 made up the whole upstairs,and all shared the same hallway. My parents lived downstairs(not much of the story takes place at my house so I won't get into detail about the layout of everything else) and wouldn't be up until when I was supposed to get up because they both worked days.

I entered the bathroom, got undressed and hopped into the shower I set the shower temp. so it was a little cold. I received a suprised when the water hit my skin and turned into steam."What the heck is wrong with me!" I thought, slightly panic stricken. I hurriedly did my shampoo, got out and got dressed.

This was all odd,I didn't have any bad family medical history I was aware of and I felt fine. Deciding to just not worry about it I went downstairs and into the kitchen. I grabbed a bowl and poured some cereal and poured my milk and started eating. "Maybe I should keep all this to myself until I know what's going on." I thought. "Besides it's not like I'm being hurt by this,I'll be fine." I concluded.

I finished my cereal and put the bowl in the sink,got my bag and started my trig. homework. I'm reasonably good at school and I had 2 hours untill I had to go to school so I got it done on time. I looked over at the clock and saw I had 30 minutes untill I had to leave.I heard footsteps behind me and looked over to see my parents walk out,ready for work.

"Morning Nick!"my Mom greeted cheerfully. "Hey Mom."I returned,"I'm just going to head off to school, uh..bye." I ran out the door hoping my Mom wouldn't be suspicious of why I'm acting odd. I got in my car,a second hand car I got for my birthday and I was only legally allowed to drive it since yesterday because I got my license early, and drove off.