34. Adrian Brown

Jaelyn and I walked into Tessie's Treats hand in hand, automatically spotting Tessie working as she looked over at us with a smile. "Hello my favorite couple that's not a couple but acts like a couple, happy to see you two are back on the up and up." She spoke as I laughed, I looked over at Jae with a suspicious look, her and Tessie were best friends and I had asked to be my girlfriend over a week ago; and it was clear that Tessie was not yet aware of that.

"Hello bestie," Jaelyn smiled, "let me reintroduce you to my boyfriend, Adrian." She smiled out. I felt goofy as fuck smiling about it as Tessie's mouth dropped open with surprise, but a look of joy on her face. She came from behind the counter, all smiles. "I'm so happy for y'all. Because the way you two fucking acted, y'all should have been did this shit." I shook my head as I laughed, "it ain't my fault she couldn't handle the arrangement." I spoke as I smiled at Jae, she laughed, "I'm sorry, I don't think I was the one that did the most at the fair. So it ain't my fault this nigga couldn't do without me." She clapped back as I laughed and nodded, "I could do without, I just don't want to." I let out as I pulled her closer to me.

"Aww," Tessie let out, "y'all so fucking soft." I laughed, "Tessie I ain't even gon' get on you, my boy be telling me bout you." I responded as she easily blushed and rolled her eyes, "please tell me you have some of those triple chocolate brownies, matter of fact I can smell them shits." I spoke, changing the subject as I focused on the reason for the trip.

"I'm actually out, but you're right, you can smell them and you're in luck because some are in the oven, I had someone call and request two dozen of them, so of course I made extra. It'll probably be about five minutes before they're finished and then they need an additional few minutes to cool off before I cut them. So if you have about fifteen minutes, I got you and I'll throw in some extra for making you wait." She smiled.

I looked at my phone to check the time, I had practice soon and we had finally gone back to practice being at regular time. "I can get them for you and give them to you after your practice." Jae let out, "and how you gon' get to campus?" I questioned. The plan was to stop by here, pick up the treats for later and then she was heading to the library and I was heading to practice. She shrugged, "I can Uber, it's not that far."

"I'm not about to make you pay for an Uber just to grab some treats for me." I shook my head no, "you're not making me do anything. I'm choosing to. It'll be like five dollars, it's not that deep and I want to catch up with Tessie anyways." She let out, really not giving me a say. "And if she waits an hour and a half, I can drop her off because I'll be closing." Tessie finished with a smile.

"Alright." I replied, "I'll see you later then." I spoke towards Jae, "and thanks Tessie, oh shit. Let me make sure they get paid for." I handed Jae my card before placing a kiss on her lips and heading out.

Two hours later I sat on the bench in the locker room tired as shit, coach worked our asses off. Some of the boys were goofing off while others were rushing out. Savon came towards me as he took a seat by me, he wasn't talking bout shit so I wrapped it up ready to get home and shower and eat them brownies. They were good as hell. I headed out, spotting Daquan and Samoa near by, Daquan tried to act like he didn't fuck with me like that now but I really didn't give a fuck. I was never that big of a fan of him. Samoa smiled as she saw me, our friendship was still intact.

She said something to Daquan to clearly depart from him as she walked towards me, I looked at the time knowing I was supposed to meet Jae at the library after my practice but knowing her if she was zoned into her work she wasn't paying attention to the time. "What's up?" I spoke as she replied back with a hey. She walked with me as we headed towards the library, I didn't know how much she knew about the extent of Jae's and I's relationship now, it wasn't something we talked about and I didn't know how she would feel once she found out I made her my girlfriend only a couple of months after ending it with her after I insisted on the fact that I didn't want a relationship. But it'd been long enough to where I hoped she wouldn't care.