5. Jaelyn Brentwood

"Damn this little shit nice." Gunna voiced as he looked around the bakery once we stepped in causing a light laugh out of me. Every time we went out I was learning just how deep in the hood he was. Little shit excited him and I loved that I had been able to introduce him to some things. "It is." I smiled out as I took in the place as well, it was decked out in teal and white. Tessie's favorite color of course. I guided us to an open table and took a seat, from the looks of it the employees would bring the desserts to the table.

I looked at the menu that would be featured when they opened as an employee approached our table, "Here are the pastries that are being sampled today." I knew that voice from anywhere, I looked up as it was none other than my best friend Tessie, the owner. I looked at her white shirt with Tessie's Treats written in teal on it with a cupcake design. She smiled at me as my smile widened. I quickly stood up, embracing her in a hug, "I'm so proud of you!" I gushed as we engulfed each other. "I couldn't have done it without your support." Tessie confessed as she pulled away.

Tessie had skipped out on going to college and instead worked her ass off to save up enough money to open her own bakery. In high school she used to always bake and she would sell her treats, and most would be sold out before lunch. This was without a doubt her calling. I was beyond proud of her for bringing her dream to life at only twenty-one years old.

"Now who is this?" Tessie asked as she put her eyes on Gunna and her hand on her hip. Tessie could be very vocal about expressing how she felt, so I hoped she would hold back right now. My past with men who looked like Gunna wasn't the best, it was safe to say I had a type. A type that I needed to stop pursuing and entertaining. "This is Gunna." I smiled with my eyes on Tessie trying to tell her not to do too much. "Gunna this is my best friend Tessie, she's the one who owns this bakery."

"Gunna?" Tessie asked, "what's your real name?" He chuckled, allowing his bottomz to show. "Gunna all everybody call me, that's all you need to know mama." He broadcasted as he gave her a goofy smile. Tessie made a face, quickly letting me know she wasn't feeling him. Tessie always made quick assessments, her grandmother said it was a spirit of discernment. "Well how old are you Gunna?" She asked, putting emphasis on his name. He licked his thick, dark lips, a clear indication he smoked a lot. "Twenty-three, I'm not going to ask you the same question back Ms.Lady, but at the same time I do want to know cause you look young as fuck to own this." He let out as he looked around the bakery again.

Tessie took it as a compliment, "this a nice little spot you got here." He continued as he looked back at her, his locs moving as he turned his head. "Thank you." She let out, "I hope you enjoy the pastries. Can I steal her for a second?" She asked, but was more so telling him she was going to. He nodded as his eyes glanced down at the mouth watering pastries, she easily pulled me away from the table and had us walking towards her kitchen.

"Bitch." Tessie let out with a what the hell look as she crossed her arms. I couldn't help the smile that came to my face, "Tessie you haven't even given him a chance." She quickly rolled her eyes. "Where did you even meet him? You gon' get enough of these hood booger ass niggas. How many of them is it going to take to play you?" I hated how raw Tessie could be, but I loved her for the same reason. I crossed my arms, "like I said, you haven't even given him a chance. I really like him, everything has been good Tess." She rolled her eyes once again as if she didn't believe me, shit really had been smooth for the most part. "I'm not a fan off of first meeting, can't even tell me his real name? But you know I got you forever." I smiled, "thanks just give him a chance and if he happens to be like the rest—"

"I'll tell you I told you so! Which I know I'm going to be telling you, but for now I'm going to let you live, go taste my new pastries." She let out as she started pulling me back out to the front. She stopped turning around before we made it out, "you see Adrian here?" She smiled, I shook my head no. "But why are you telling me?" I asked with confusion written on my face. I did not give a fuck about that man outside of our project. "Girl he cute on Instagram, but damn, them pictures don't even do him justice forreal. If I was his partner for y'all project my ass would just be staring at his ass, wouldn't be getting shit done."

I laughed, "yeah, he's a cutie. But you know how I like my men." I smiled out. She easily rolled her eyes, "yeah, ugly and hood." My mouth dropped open as I couldn't help but laugh, "bitch, fuck you! They be medium ugly, not too much on mine." I let out as I continued laughing as we made our way out.

As I walked out I surveyed the place a little more, spotting Adrian sitting with some girl. I took her in, she was pretty; I couldn't pinpoint seeing her around campus though. I focused my attention on getting back to my table and my mouth damn near dropped to the floor when I saw that Gunna had eaten damn near all the pastries. "Gunna.." I groaned as he started to laugh, "chill. I already asked one of the girls who works here to get us another one. Them shits good, I told her you ain't get to try them yet and I couldn't resist myself. I got you baby." I shook my head, but he was true to his word as I watched another employee drop off another tray of the pastries. "And I'm not sharing." I teased as I looked at him. Truth be told, I was happy he enjoyed them. I knew how Tessie's recipes hit.

The soft launch flew by as we got to taste different items that would be on the menu. Tessie drew everyone's attention toward the end and thanked everyone for coming out and announced that the official grand opening would be the following week. Some left once she finished her spill, while others mingled a little bit. "Me and my nigga definitely gon' have to make the drive over here to get some of these shits. Them raspberry cheesecake bites go crazy. Ion even like raspberries." Gunna disclosed as his eyes went to the ass of a girl walking out, "damn." He whispered, but I was close enough to hear and notice. He had wandering eyes, or maybe I shouldn't say wandering but he had to appreciate a body, no matter who he was with, something I was quickly learning and did not like. He quickly put his gaze back on me, "thanks for inviting me." He smiled out as he pulled me by my waist closer to him. I gave a small smile, my mood ruined by his little comment but I would wait to address it, "of course." I responded dryly.

"You ready?" I asked as I removed myself from his arms. He nodded, as I led us towards the door, at the same time Adrian and the girl he was with headed that way too. Adrian beat us and held the door open for us as I took the time to not be rude and actually speak. We talked about the pastries and he introduced me to the girl he was with, while I had no desire to really introduce Gunna, simply because I was blown. But I introduced him anyway and was further blown when he openly admired Samoa, Adrian's date, as well. Luckily Gunna cut the awkwardness short by letting it be known he was a drug dealer by stating he needed to make a play; and that shit lowkey bothered me too. Probably because I already felt like Adrian was judgemental and now we were in front of him and his sidity ass looking girl.

"Jonathan." I let out once we got in the car, though he didn't want to tell Tessie his real name, I knew that shit. "I'm just going to be real with you, you pissed me off this evening." He ran a hand down his face and then looked at the window, I could hear the smile playing in his voice, "damn baby, what I do?" I looked over at him quickly, seeing him looking out the window still and then put my eyes back on the road. "Damn, look at her body." I mocked, "and damn look at her body too." I let out as he laughed, "I did not say that shit at any point." I could feel his eyes on me now. "Nigga, you might as well have. You definitely said damn to that girl walking out and openly eye fucked Adrian's girl back there. Like what the fuck?"

"Baby, you trippin', you even said you appreciated a nice body." He spoke slowly. "Yes I do, but you did too much." He shook his head, "my bad then, damn." He pulled out his phone as he started texting. That weak ass apology, I was very much over him from the night. I wished he would have driven instead of me offering to pick him up. The rest of the ride was silent. I pulled up to his place and he easily got out, he stood holding the door as he looked down at me, "baby," he called out, waiting for me to look at him.I looked his way, attitude clearly written on my face. "I'm sorry" his eyes pleaded with mine to believe him, but it wasn't sincere. He didn't really think what he did was wrong. He just didn't want to deal with my attitude. "I hear you" I responded as I placed a hair behind my ear. He shook his head and let out a sigh, "aight Jae. Well thank you again for inviting me." He started, "you know I always enjoy my time with you." He was trying to butter me up. "If you up to it, let me know if you down to get some food and just chill one day this week."

"Yeah, we can see." I let out as I turned and faced my steering wheel, making it clear I was ready to go. "Aight, bet. Let me know when you get home." He stated, he waited to see if I would respond before closing the door. I watched as he yelled to some nigga while a girl started making her way towards him, her eye trying to peep in my car. "Who that?" I heard her question before I pulled off. I felt like now I was seeing multiple red flags that just hadn't existed until Tessie pointed it out, damn Tessie she always did this shit.