"Wanda, honey, you need to eat." Victor put his forehead on the door.

Silence.

"I've made paprikarz." There was a quiet rumbling coming from the room. He felt her body pressing on the door from the other side.

"Please, Victor, I must be alone."

"You've been alone for two days now, Wanda."

Another silence.

Victor turned back and slowly slid down. Ignoring the cold, wooden floor, he called her again. "Wanda, if you want to be alone, then you can be, but please eat something. You—I mean, we need to get better."

He felt the door pressing harder on his back. He felt her body kneeling just the same way as he did.

"You need help Victor." Her raspy voice squeezed through the wooden veil.

"Maybe I do, so help me here, honey, and let me in." He could still feel her body pressing on the door behind him. "Fine, I will just sit here and eat your plate!"

"Victooor..." He couldn't help but smile at hearing her groan, so much lighter than everything he heard from her today.

"Wandaaa..." He imitated her.

 Finally, she opened the door. Wanda stood in the same jeans as before, now with blue marks and a wrinkled shirt. Her skin was pale, almost sickly looking. Her green eyes, which always looked like emeralds around him, were now dull with purple bags under them. As soon as he stepped into the room, he thought he had entered the wrong bedroom. In the light of a small chandelier, Victor saw that the colors had changed from light brown to a deep, dark blue, and on each wall, there were hand-drawn pine trees. It all appeared like the forests that surrounded their home.

"What? How?" Victor holds his mouth in place, lest it drop entirely. "These aren't made with your magic, are they?" He placed the plate on the table and focused on the walls.

"I found some old poster paint in the closet and changed it with chaos, but I painted everything normally." She traced patterns on her hands with her black nails. "I needed time to think and do something with those for a change." She clenched her hands and hid them in her jeans.

"You did all of this alone?"

"Yeah... I used to draw a lot when I was little. I forgot about this once life got crazier."

"It's remarkable, Wanda." Truly, you have a talent."

"I'm sorry, Victor." Her voice suddenly got stronger. He took a step forward.

"Wanda, you don't need-"

"Let me finish." He shut his mouth instantly and stopped. Wanda swept her hand through the dark strands of her hair. "I'm in a loop, Victor. Every time I get some semblance of normalcy, I slip up, and people get hurt. I'm exhausted by my guilt and my fears, and I am sick and tired of the universe that keeps making me the monster!"

She swiped away the coming tears and took a shaky breath. Victor was frozen in place, helplessly watching as his Wanda crumbled before him.

"I love you, Victor. More than, I thought, was possible. You are the reason I want a normal life without that shadow that keeps looming over me, but I don't think it will ever happen." Her mouth was open and twitching, struggling to release the coming words. "I can't give you the life you deserve."

"You already did." Victor quickly went to her. He slipped his hands into her own. He brought her knuckles to his lips and placed a long kiss on them. His eyes remained solely on hers. "The only life I ever wanted was the one with you, Wanda Maximoff. So let the universe push us; we will push back, and I will burn that shadow, so it will never bother us again." He kissed her cheek as Wanda grabbed onto his body eagerly. "You don't need to carry that mountain alone. You have me, Wanda, your friend, and your lover."

"I did say I wanted to belong to you... This is your last chance to back down, darling." She squeezed his shoulders, pushing her face into his chest. "If you won't, you will be truly stuck with me."

"Yes, you did, and I said the same thing under that tree, Wanda. I will never give up on us." Her small giggle spread through his chest. "After all, I-"

"Hush darling." Her long, black fingernails took his chin and brought Victor's face down. She kissed him slowly. Her tongue caressed his lips for a moment, only to push inside seconds later. He immediately sucked on it and felt her fingernails move through his back and neck. Her hands gradually went lower and started to unbuckle his belt. Victor took her hands and gazed into her eyes. His silent question lingered in the room. Wanda nodded, biting down on her lip. She pulled out his belt and threw it behind her. Victor kissed her deeply and took off her shirt. Pushing Wanda back with his lips, they ended up on the bed with him on top. While his fingers trailed the outline of her red lacy bra, Wanda unzipped his pants and slid her hands inside.

"Oh God, Wanda." Her lips, locked with his own, curled into a smirk. Victor quickly undid her bra and slowly moved his hand down. After peeling away her jeans, Wanda guided him and whispered with swollen and glistering lips.

"I want you, Victor."

Let the universe fight them. Whatever might come, they will always be together.

Right?

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for reading.

If you enjoyed it, please don't forget to comment and vote. I truly appreciate it!

As always, take care :)