Chapter 5

Kaz

"CHOPPER!!" Luffy screams and I prop open one eye to see Chopper run out. Jiro moves to follow him but looks back at the man.

"Go I'll get you if something happens." Jiro jumps at the sound of my voice but he still looks uncertain. "I promise on my life." Saying that seems to satisfy him and he rushes out after Chopper. I close my eyes and relax getting comfortable in this spot before lightly drifting off. A few seconds later Jiro and Chopper come back along with Luffy.

"Nothing happened while you were gone." I look at Jiro with one eye open.

"Thank you." He says and he gives a small, grateful smile which I return.

"Huh you're here Kaz? Everyone thought you just went to sleep above the crow's nest." Luffy sits down on a nearby crate and looks at me.

"Geez they think I'm heartless and just sleep all the time don't they?" I shake my head at the thought.

"Well that's all you do on the ship." Chopper points out.

"It's boring though so unless you want me to destroy the Sunny that's the only thing for me to do."

"Why don't you train?" Luffy asks me.

"Do you want me to surpass you even more? I can already kick yours and Ace's ass easy enough at the same time."

"I could probably kick your ass now though." Luffy says while holding up his fist and giving me a huge smile.

"We'll see about that. How 'bout we see if that's after we settle this?" I say with a smile equally as large as Luffy's on my face. Luffy nods his head energetically and we quiet down before slipping into sleep.

---

I open my eyes slowly before closing them quickly. I reopen them slowly and they adjust to the bright lights around me. I look around and am greeted by white walls and some pieces of machinery. It appears that I'm located in some kind of medical room and I try to sit up only to find myself strapped down. A strap runs across my midsection, across my wrists, my ankles, my neck, and just above my knees. What the hell? The last thing I remember is jumping off the cliff in hopes of escaping the government. Don't tell me they still caught me. A door on the left side of the room opens and three men walk in. One's wearing a lab coat and I can tell he's eaten the Gas-Gas Fruit. Another is wearing a marine Admiral uniform and I can sense the Magma-Magma Fruit is with him. The last one is an older man with a black suit on and the symbol of the world government on his left breast. It appears the curse is fully awakening since the last holder is dead and I have to hold back the tears when I think of how they just shot my mother.

"Oh so you're finally awake little girl. We have some questions we would like you to answer and if you cooperate we'll let you go." The man in the black suit says as he pulls a stool over to the bed. "First off what's your name?" he asks me and I just turn my head away keeping my lips sealed. "How about telling me about your little family curse?" I still don't say anything and I can see he's getting frustrated from the corner of my eye. "If you're not willing to answer my questions then I guess I'll have to find a way to find out on my own. Caesar I give you permission for your earlier suggestion." The man in a black suit looks towards a the man whose eaten the Gas-Gas Fruit. Caesar gains a huge smile and he quickly walks over to me.

"Thank you sir for allowing me to conduct experiments on her, I'll find out the secrets she hides." Caesar sends a grin my way and I feel shivers run down my back. I feel something poke me in the arm and I quickly look in surprise to find the Magma-Magma man holding a needle in my arm while applying pressure to the tip. "Now sleep tight my new research project." Caesar says happily as I lose consciousness.