[LOUISA'S FAVORABILITY: 97/100]

"Naomi, the last thing that you are is pathetic," Louisa immediately refuted, her voice ringing with a vehement conviction that would've rattled Naomi's core if she wasn't the way she was. Her friend grabbed her hands across the table and gave it a squeeze, as if assuring her of her allegiance to her. "You are a brave and kind girl, and a great friend. Don't let Rowen make you feel otherwise. He's the one missing out, trust me."

A smile tugged the corner of her lips, although her bottom lip quivered for a split second. "I don't feel so brave, to be honest. But I do know I have to move on. I can't let Rowen stop me from doing things I want to do. I... I am Naomi Cunningham. It's about time I remember that. Kael is right. I have to stay away from Rowen, to stop seeing him in such favorable light, for my own good."

[LOUISA'S IMPRESSION: I'm glad she's seeing the truth for what it is and that Mikhael talked some sense into her earlier. It's a pity. Rowen doesn't even realize he just lost the one person who truly cared about him. Well, pity for him, but good for Naomi.]

Naomi hid a smile as she popped a French fry into her mouth.

The seed had been planted, and now all she had to do was watch it grow and enjoy the fruits of her labor.

After stuffing their stomachs full with their lunch, Naomi and Louisa decided to take a stroll around campus. The sun had long since disappeared behind a thick cloud of gray, but Naomi figured it wouldn't rain until late in the afternoon, hence their little outing.

Since they began studying at the academy when they were twelve, there were only a few unfamiliar sights around the campus, like the new swimming pool at the back of the gym and the newly constructed rose tunnel that led to the greenhouse everyone seemed to be fond of going nowadays since the school year began. She knew it would lose its novelty soon enough.

If ordinary people heard these kinds of additions in an educational institution, they would've rallied and raged at such blatant disregard for money and the overly display of wealth and privilege. But this was a circle—one of the many worlds of novels. There would be a touch of surrealism and absurdity written in the environment, a factor considered normal and ordinary here.

This wasn't even the strangest thing she heard nor seen since she became a Traveler.

All these children in the academy had too much money and too much time in their hands. They certainly weren't afraid of taking advantage of their status and money to do the things they liked without fear of consequences. Fortunately, the administration hired professional teachers with a master's degree under their belt, so it remained to be an upstanding institution despite most of the indifferent students.

Students didn't come here to study much, but to form a social network with the next generation of heirs and heiresses. They were here to form a connection, whether personal or professional, so they would be able to boost their social status. The goal was to make a lasting relationship advantageous to both family and business, whether through friendships or marriages.

It was a fake world meant for fake people; it was rare to see something or someone so genuine; written as it was by the author.

That was the reason why Marianne's existence was so unique in this fake world, because she was written by the author to be the only real thing in a world of glamorous illusions and beautiful lies. Not even the Original could compete to her, despite her superior status, title, and upbringing, because she was the villainess—the female supporting character—meant to show the disparity between the fake and the real.

Thus, the author sealed the Original's fate.

Naomi and Louisa went into the garden, following the stone path leading to the gazebo.