Chapter 7

'The moment my eyes land on him, all the air in my lungs leaves and I become breathless

'The moment my eyes land on him, all the air in my lungs leaves and I become breathless. He is so pretty, like some sort of carved statue brought to life. He stands with his back against the wall, staring into the distance, wearing such a forlorn expression across his face. My heart tugs seeing his sadness. It's a crime to have someone make this man cry. No one should make someone as pretty as him sad. Someone should step up and make him smile. Maybe... I can do be that someone.'

- An Excerpt from Don't Blame a Daydreamer, Marianne's POV

Naomi and Levi came back to school after their brief lunch and parted ways in the parking lot after exchanging contact information and social media accounts

Naomi and Levi came back to school after their brief lunch and parted ways in the parking lot after exchanging contact information and social media accounts. Even though they were both seniors, they didn't have the same academic program, so their classes were vastly different from each other.

In the end, all they could do was make a promise to make plans to see each other and hang out before separating.

As she walked down the corridor, Naomi was greeted with stares and whispers, as always. However, unlike this morning, it didn't seem to be filled with good intentions. It didn't take a genius to figure out they were likely gossiping about her interaction with Rowen earlier that morning.

News traveled fast. No matter how many worlds and lives she lived, words were still the most powerful weapon to exist.

Others—mostly guys who liked her—expressed sympathy and lament, while girls—girls who liked Rowen—who talked about her with malicious glee.

Naomi wasn't the least bit surprised by the divided crowd. Both her and Rowen were well-known for being wealthy and good-looking. If she was popular with the boys, Rowen was infamous with the girls. There was bound to be a division somewhere the moment she and Rowen cut all ties with each other.

There were a few who didn't believe she was giving Rowen up, considering her infatuation lasted for nearly a decade even without his encouragement. Her unrequited love for him was well-known, even to a passing stranger, that it was understandable why they didn't believe her. She could only laugh quietly at their assumptions.