Eric pondered for a few moments, quickly scouring through his memories to pinpoint when, where, and why Calix was acting differently.

They just came back from Sundown Studios to offer a collaboration deal with Levi Lee, a young and popular musician who already held the title of popstar and idol. They hadn't met any problems when they proposed the idea, despite Levi taking a hiatus to pursue his studies. Levi, himself was enthusiastic to cooperate with them. Thus, it was obvious Calix's behavior wasn't because of something work-related.

Besides, Calix would hardly impair his focus or judgment in an important meeting because other matters. He was proficient at compartmentalizing and at time-management. It was the reason why he could work as both actor and singer despite the obvious demands in both professions. So, what exactly happened to have Calix appear distracted at the moment?

"Let's take a fifteen-minute break," Ed, the producer, suggested, before rising from his chair to head towards his assistant.

The others sighed in relief and dispersed to do whatever they wanted to do to refresh themselves after a long hour of talking.

Eric immediately approached his young charge, placing a firm hand on his shoulder and startling him. Calix's shoulders jerked slightly under his palm; his eyes slightly wide as he looked up at him. Seeing him, Calix uncoiled the tension holding his body rigid, his face smoothing over in an apathetic mask like wiping a slate clean.

Calix was not a person who showed much emotions outside of filming or acting scenes. All of his emotions—from anger to sadness to joy—would only burst out when he acted under the guidance of the director and acting coach. It made him a talented and outstanding actor, since all characters he played were portrayed in a vividly sincere rendition. It also made him a good singer, since music was also one of his conduits to showing his feelings.

"Are you alright?" Eric asked quietly, leaning closer so others wouldn't hear their conversation. "You're distracted. Do you need anything?"

Calix lowered his head, shaking it as a brief flash of a miniscule smile crossed his lips. "I'm alright, Eric. Thank you. Perhaps, can you order take-out for the others? I'm sure the others are tired and hungry from the meeting. Lunch is on me, everyone," he added, addressing everyone else in the room, making them holler in glee at the free food.

Eric turned his attention on Calix. "Are you sure you don't need anything?"

Calix's lips twitched, hesitation flashing across his face, before he eventually caved in and said, "Can you do a favor for me?"

"Anything," and Eric meant it sincerely. Calix rarely asked for favors, even from him, whom he spent most of his time with since they started working together.

This time, Calix's hesitation was obvious as he paused, before grabbing his phone on the table. The same phone that had been distracting him since the meeting began, maybe even before then.

"Can you call my phone for me?" he asked. "I think it's broken."

Eric paused, momentarily giving away the fact he was thrown off guard by the unexpected request with an involuntary twitch of his eyebrows.

"You... want me to call your phone?" he repeated, a hint of a skeptical note to his tone.

He's acting so oddly; Eric couldn't help but notice. His gaze jumped from the phone to Calix, then back at the phone again.

The phone, he now realized, was his personal phone with his private number only a few people knew about. Not even the people in Calix's band had his private number, nor the few friends he made in the entertainment and music industry. Even Eric hadn't been given the privilege of his private phone number until Calix turned eighteen.