Chapter 23: Blamed

Start from the beginning

"You have gotten so popular, I'm jealous my only friend will get stolen" (Danica, said)

"T-Tulip...likes Princess too" (Tulip, said)

Even the shy Tulip had grabbed the bottom of Yeretzy's dress hem.

"Girls, don't crowd her" (Queen Relia, said)

The Queen who had come down the stairs elegantly called the girls out.

"Dancy put her down with your strength you might break the Duchess" (Queen, said)

And Danica whose nickname was Dancy was called out who tended to use her strength unconsciously.

'Drop down'

'Turn'

"I wasn't going to break her" (Danica, said)

Danica said with a blushed embarrassed face as she turned and immediately made eye contact with Alexander whose lips twitched.

'Well, well will you look at that' (Danica's inner thoughts)

'Smirk'

Danica's lips rose in a smirk.

"Cousin don't be jealous it was just a hug among friends I'm not trying to steal your wife away...or perhaps have you not hugged your wife yet?" (Danica, asked)

She asked with a tease while Alexander's expression seemed about to frown however the corner of his eye caught something and it was as his expression relaxed then turned the other way to avoid his gaze wherever he had looked as if he was a tuff boy.

'Turn'

Danica turned around to see what Alexander was looking at and it was Yeretzy who had a blushed face.

'If...hug she's referring to...' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

Remembering all the times Alexander had held her hand, lifted her up, and hugged her flashed through her head,

Not in the best situations where she seemed to cause trouble, but still, he had held her before.

Just remembering those memories somehow made her face grow hot.

Danica's lips rose more then turned to look at Alexander who clearly was somehow shy but pretended not to be.

"Oh cousin..." (Danica, said)

She teased with a small laugh.

Being summoned without knowing was worrisome but luckily it was nothing bad.

So the days went on as Yeretzy worked on the imperial family's request.

Today was her last finishing touch with Danica's handkerchief as she added a daffodily flower upon Danica's request.

'So pretty!' (Yeretzy's inner thoughts)

She thought as she looked at the finished stitched Daffadily flower.

Sadly this peacefulness did not last long.

.......

-Inside Duke Victor's office-

Duke Victor sat on his desk with his elbows on top of his desk as he clasped his hands while Ariella stood on his left looking at Yeretzy with a disappointed look and Alexander stood on his right with his arms crossed.

On the other hand, Yeretzy sat on his couch facing them as she was being interrogated.

"Confess now Yeretzy, was it you who leaked the private documents of the Dameria Family to the Barbarians?" (Duke Victor, asked)