Naomi simply couldn't underestimate Marianne's main lead halo.

When she arrived at the Cunningham Manor, she was greeted by a line of maids  and butlers, with Hannah leading at the front, freckles and large smile and all. They bowed at a 90 degrees angle as soon as she stepped out of the car. Naomi handed the school bag to Hannah, passing everyone with a gentle quirk of her lips, her personal maid in tow. Everyone remained bowing until she entered the manor.

Acting as the Young Miss of such a traditionally wealthy family wasn't really hard; the etiquette lessons she learned from her previous lives aided to prevent her from forming any mishaps. Besides, the Original was obsessed with keeping her image absolutely pristine, so everyone saw her in a good light.

The only one who didn't was Rowen, who figured out that her 'nice' personality was fake. It was ironic because the Original had been her most authentic when it came to him.

"Has my father arrived yet?" she asked the main butler of their household who greeted her at the front door.

He lowered his head, not meeting her gaze, salt and pepper hair neatly combed to the side and not a strand out of place. His black suit was pressed with no wrinkles in sight. There were lines at the corner of his eyes, making his elderly face look kind, and his thin lips were curved into a soothing smile.

The main butler—whose name was Vincent, according to his character information—had been managing the household since the Original was a young girl. He was more of a parent to her than her real parents as he was the one who oversaw most of her education and upbringing, aside from the slew of maids and nannies who came and went after a few years.

"The Master has called earlier and said he would arrive late this evening," the butler answered, a reverent note to his tone. "The Madam is still at out of the country at the moment and she'll be returning home two weeks from now."

"I see, hmm," Naomi hummed indifferently.

She wasn't too surprised or concerned over it, but if she wanted to prevent the downfall of the Cunningham family, then she needed to be closer to them. The Original's parents were quite powerful; it would be a waste not to take advantage.

"Please prepare a small lunch box filled with nutritious and healthy food, ones my father will like," she instructed the butler. "Prepare for a car to go as well. I will change and leave after the food is done."

Vincent's brows rose, surprise flashing across his eyes. "Are you going to the Master this evening, Young Miss?"

[VINCENT'S IMPRESSION: Is it possible that the Young Miss wants to meet with her father? This is the first time that she has inquired about her father in a while.]

The Original was quite prideful. She never took the initiative to get closer to her parents. She would only see or contact her parents only if they chose to. Otherwise, she pretended they didn't exist. The only contact they had were transactional where they would send money and gifts, or she would ask for them through their butler.

But if Naomi had to prevent the downfall of the Cunningham family, she had to mend their strain. As much as possible, she wanted to portray herself as an obedient and caring daughter to others, and most especially to her parents.

Naomi paused in the middle of the threshold, hand above the ornate railing of the grand staircase.

"He might not have dinner yet." Her voice was soft and hesitant when it came out. "I just want to make sure he's eating. He's always been working hard since my childhood, so I want him to be healthy."

Vincent didn't question her any further. He merely smiled, bowed his head, and followed her orders. Naomi climbed up the stairs, Hannah at her heels, and went to her room. She slipped her shoes off and discarded them to the side, her socked feet padding across the carpeted floor as she headed towards the vanity.