His Unexpected Return 🐳

*ding dong* the doorbell rang of the Freecss' house. "Coming!" You can hear Gon's voice from the inside, and his feet pattering down the stairs, almost like he's running.

You can see the lock on the door turn as the short boy unlocks the door for the person. Then it opens.

"Hello?-" Gon turned his head around in surprise, he was face to face with a tall man, who was wearing a white set with a blue scarf, wrapped around his head. He had short black spiky hair and a bit of a beard. He looks just like Gon, but older.

"Who..." Gon was left speechless, he has this strange feeling that he's met this man before somewhere, and has a strong connection to him, but he can't remember his roll in his life or what he looked like. Remember that Gon can't remember his father, and Mito took down all the pictures of him in the house because of how angry she was at him in the past. Mito just told Gon stories of his dad, but never gave a description.

"Hey kid, long time no see" the man smiled at the young boy who is still in shock and holding the door open with his other hand.

"Gon, sweetheart who's at the-" once Mito approaches, she drops her hand to the side, and also has the same shocked expression as Gon. But then it quickly turned to anger.

"Ging?" She said. Gon swivelled his head around to aunt Mito. "Ging? You mean-"
"Yes...he's your father" Mito sighed and rubbed the sides of her head.

"You're my dad?" Gon pointed at him, "that's me. Hello Gon" Ging said.

Suddenly Gon came back to his Senses and shook his head. "Oh! Uhh...why don't you come in?" Gon gestured, opening the door wider for welcoming, Ging laughed and thanked him and took a little look around the house.

"Still looks the same" Ging commented as he sat down on to the sofa, with his hands on his knees, and looked back at Mito who was in the kitchen making tea. "You're one to talk" she said with a scoff and went back to doing her thing. Gon laughs awkwardly and stands in front of his dad, looking at him hesitantly, whilst fiddling with his fingers.

"Come sit" Ging pats the spot next to him and Gon took it. "You must have a lot of questions I bet" Ging said, "oh uh kind of, I just don't know where to start" Gon said, nervously. Ging smiles "that's ok, I will tell you".

"About 18 years ago, I was working with a secret organisation, and that so happened when you were born-"

"19! He's 19 for goodness sake!" Mito cut him off with a ticked off sound, by correcting him with Gon's age. As he recently just turned 19.

"Right sorry, can't believe you're 19 now" Ging said. "It's ok, carry on" Gon says.

"Anyway as I was saying, it was 19 years ago, and you came into the world, but due to some complications with the surgery, your mother sadly passed away. I was devastated, and so was everyone else in the family, you were a newborn so you didn't quite understand what was going on, but at her funeral you did cry a lot, so maybe that's just instinct"

"Wow, nice talk" Mito comments Sarcastically. Gon at this point was getting ticked off, not by his father but by Mito who's always making a comment before Ging can finish.

"Aunt Mito can you please not!" Gon yelled from the sofa, Ging looked at him surprised.

"I'm sorry but this is all too much, your dad returns 19 years later and starts telling you something you already know! He knows about Haruko!" Mito cried.

"Enough!!! My dad finally shows up and it's like you're trying to make him leave!! I'm not stupid anymore!" Gon cries, he bursts into tears and runs up into his room and shuts the door with a massive slam.

Mito sighs again and places the drinks on the table, and lays back on the sofa.

"Not a good call Mito" Ging said as he picks up his drink and takes a sip, "oh hush it, why are you here anyway?" Mito says. "I just wanna see my son, is that not ok?"
"After you abandon him all these years, imagine what he must be feeling"  "I didn't abandon him, he's with you, and remember what I said years ago I had to protect him" Ging said.

"I'm gonna check on him" Ging puts his drink down and head upstairs.

Once Ging gets upstairs he was face to face with Gon's door. "Gon? Can I come in?" Ging puts his head on the door and hears a muffled 'yes' from the room and enters.

He takes a quick look around at Gon's room, neat and tidy, and animal themed everywhere. Ging laughs quietly at a giraffe sticker that is on his window.

As he sits down next to Gon on his bed, he notices that Gon's face is buried in his pillow and was fiddling with something. A necklace.

"Pretty necklace, who gave you that? A girlfriend or something?". Gon jumped at the sudden voice , he was so tranced by the necklace and his own thoughts that he forgot his dad came into his room.

Gon smiles at the memory when Killua gave him that necklace for his birthday.
"Something like that.." he muttered, with an obvious blush on his face.

Ging notices this, "is she pretty?"

"M-more like a he, it's from my boyfriend" Gon didn't know weather to mention he has a boyfriend, but he knew his dad didn't know anything about him or if he will stay any longer, so he told him anyway.

Ging's eyes widened a bit, but not with anger, but with surprise. Gon looked at him, worried. "Y-you're not mad are you?" He said with his voice cracking a bit. Ging smiles and pulled his son into a hug. "I don't care who you turn out to be, love comes in all different forms, at least that's what I think" Ging said. Gon hugs him back, "yeah...me too" he sniffles, like he's about to cry all over again.

They're probably more alike than you could imagine.

A/N: I might put this story into a close soon, I may have another one in mind but I haven't planned it out yet or if I'm even gonna publish it. But this story is coming to a close, I just don't know when.