With You By My Side 💖

That night, after a long day of celebrating Gon's birthday. Gon and Killua sat outside his porch, drinking fizzy drinks from the party, it wasn't a massive party, not like Retz's, they only invited a few close friends, like Kurapika, Leorio and Zushi, and long distant relatives.

Gon was sitting on the steps of his house, shivering, he wrapped himself up in a ball, he had a green hoodie on and joggers, how is it so cold in May? He thought.

He heard the front door open then close behind him. He looked up, "here" Killua handed him a can of coke and Gon thanked him. Killua was also in a hoodie but it was blue and short sleeved, and he had a navy long sleeved shirt underneath, and was wearing shorts.

"How are you not cold?" Gon said with a shivery breath as he faces Killua. Killua shrugs "kinda use to it" he mutters quietly and takes a sip out of his can.

"Did you have fun?" Killua turns to Gon with a meaningful smile and Gon nods in response.

"Yeah thanks for doing that" he beams.

Killua punches him in the arm, playfully.

"It's what boyfriend's do" he chuckles.

The wind was blowing lightly against Gon and Killua's hair, making Gon shiver even more.

"Hey Gon..." Killua spoke softly, but it also sounded serious.

"Yeah?"

"Do you....have any parents?" Killua asked.

Gon was stunned, taken back a bit by the question. His eyebrows went down a bit like a sad puppy, and Killua noticed.

"It's ok, you don't have to tell me" Killua said in panic, waving his hands around.

Gon smiles, "no it's ok, I will tell you......you deserve to know".

"Basically my dad apparently met my mother on a business trip, she was called Haruko, that's all I really knew about her, I didn't know anything about her family, but I did know that she had dark green hair and loved nature"

"Like you..." Killua ruffles Gon's hair and he laughs "yeah". Killua scoots closer to Gon and wraps his arms around him.

Gon takes a deep breath and continues.

"I didn't know about my mother until I turned 16, aunt Mito thought it was time to tell me the truth, she only met her once, but she never got to know her more because....when she had me, there was problems during my birth and...she..."

Killua places a hand on Gon's shoulder, and looked at him, sympathetically. "So my dad didn't even stick around long, shortly after her death my dad gave me to aunt Mito, and ever since I can remember I've been living with her and she's my guardian, but I'm not complaining about it, I love aunt Mito, I just don't know where my dad is, or if he's even alive" Gon pauses then takes a deep sigh.

"Wow, doesssss Mito know?" Killua said.
Gon shook his head. "No she hasn't heard from him in years, she's almost certain he's abandoned me" Gon says quietly.

"Gon I'm really sorry.."

"Don't be it's ok! I'm just happy with the people I'm with now" Gon puts his head on Killua's shoulder.

There was a short silence until Gon broke it , "sleepover?" Gon looks up at Killua with puppy eyes.

"I don't know" Killua said.

"Oh please! It's my birthday!" Gon tugs on Killua's sleeve. "Fine, fine. Let's go in it's cold" Killua picks up Gon and they both head inside.

"I can't believe you're 19" Killua laughs.

"Me either" Gon replies.

11:00 pm-whilst the boys are asleep-

*ring, ring, ring*

Mito was woken up by the sound of her phone vibrating on her bedside table.

"Ugh don't tell me Miriam left something behind again" Mito groaned at the thought of her cousin, as she picked up her phone and rubbed her eyes.

"Hello?"

"Mito? Is that you?"

A familiar but sudden voice spoke.

Mito's eyes widened.

"H-how did you get my number?"

"I hacked into my old ID, don't worry I'm completely safe on this new one, I got a new phone and details"

"Where...where have you been?" She whispered, gently, trying to not wake up the boys.

"I can't tell you that I'm afraid, not yet, I'm just happy to hear from you. Why are you whispering?"

"Well...Gon is having a friend round over for the night and-"

"Gon? How is he?! Is he ok?" The other voice panicked.

Mito chuckles lightly. "He's turned into a bright young boy, you know it's his birthday today"

"How old is he now?"

"19"

"19?! Time does fly. Can I ask you a favour?"

"It won't harm Gon?"

"No no of course not! I wanna see him but I wanna keep a low profile, can you book me a flight to Whale City?"

"Well actually , Gon lives in York New now, he just came over for his birthday" Mito said.

"Ahh right, anyways can you just let me see him? I promise I will be extra careful"

"You sure you're out of danger?"

"Positive"

"Ok...I will book you a flight now"

"Thank you so much! Mito"

"This will be a shock...to Gon" Mito says to herself as she hung up the phone and went back to sleep.