vi | mystery

key:

ishita / jai

Jai was anxious

Jai was anxious. He didn't know if Ishita would do well as a personal assistant. With her humor and excessive dramatics, she should be the last person he should have considered for the job. But since Kayal requested for maternity leave, he'd personally interviewed many people for the job and none of them were close to the mark. He looked for someone who was responsible and gave it their one hundred percent, not just because of the money but because they were passionate about what they did. He looked for someone who didn't make him feel like he was dealing with uncertainty and change, someone who'd transition into Kayal's role perfectly. He knew it was impossible and that he was bound to feel the change, but he wasn't ready to. Change made him uncomfortable.

When he heard Ishita going on and on about her skills and unprecedented talents but the lack of a job, all he could think about was giving her the position of his assistant. It didn't make sense to him because he hadn't even bothered to check her resume before giving it to her. It was impartial and unethical of him to do so when he rejected so many people who promised him equally excellent skills. But there was something in his gut telling him to give her a chance.

After the night he took her home, his mind somehow fluttered towards the woman repeatedly for nonsensical reasons. Maybe because he had liked it when she called him a warm person and clung to him like he was the last blanket in icy wonderland. Maybe because she was fierce and honest and so unapologetically herself. She wasn't scared to show her vulnerabilities and she wasn't afraid to put him in his place. It had been a while since he met someone who called him out right onto the face. It was refreshing despite a majority of her being annoying.

Actually, on second thought, Jai didn't know why he decided to give her the job. But it just felt right.

The only thing Ishita had to do was prove it. Prove that she was the right person and he had made the right decision.

Kayal knocked on the door and let herself in, followed by a happy Ishita. She was of average height with dark chocolate-colored hair dipped in pink at the ends that was tied halfway in a knot. Her posture was straight, like she was ready to take on anything thrown her way. She was wearing a pastel yellow blouse and navy trousers, a gold-metallic watch and golden hoops. The same pair she had been wearing that night at the bar, except she had paired it with a blue dress that day.

"Good morning, Sir," Ishita greeted, so in contrast to the grumpy and scowling person he had met, and when Kayal turned to face Jai completely, Ishita raised her eyebrows and mouthed what's up, asshole.