As if Roman sensed it he said, "My fiancée is not comfortable with doing such stuff in front of strangers." Thank you, Roman. I'd always be your slave for this. "Kissing is intimate, personal. Not something just to amuse others."

"Oh. Don't worry, we won't be looking at you guys." She assured us, "and as for the picture, we'll only use it for the blurred background." She looked at us with suspicion, "and since we're not looking at you it should be easy for you as a couple."

It was damn sure she was looking for a story. But I stood firm to not give her one. It was just a kiss and no one was looking at us.

"Fine." I said.

Roman

I was going to leave a mess in my pants.

Ever since she stepped into my house wearing a perfectly fitted white silk dress, I couldn't shake off a strange feeling in my chest. It was the same sensation I experienced when I made her cry. It was unnerving. I seriously considered consulting a cardiologist.

What if it was a serious medical condition?

I was already struggling to maintain a respectable distance from her when Rina suggested she sit on my lap. That's when I knew I was on the verge of humiliating myself. It would likely provide her with a juicy story.

I'd never experienced arousal solely from looking at a woman. And never did I imagine it would be Serena. It wasn't that she wasn't attractive. In fact, she was angelically beautiful. It was her insufferably spoiled brat persona that I found utterly repugnant.

God, it was so disrespectful and humiliating.

Serena's steel blue eyes looked up at me. "Let's get this over with." She closed her eyes as a sign to go ahead and my eyes darted down to her red painted lips before I crashed my lips on her. She first seemed to hesitate but relaxed after a bit, joining me in sync. She tasted like heaven, melting perfectly in my arms. I could've felt the blood rushing down to my lower body. More. I wanted more. I grabbed her neck and deepened the kissed. Hell. I wasn't kissing. I was eating. I groaned under my breath asking for entrance and she soon parted her lips allowing me to slide my tongue in. I could've heard the beat of her heart, racing fast.

"Um..guys. What's taking you so long?" We abruptly pulled apart hearing Rina's voice.

Serena stood up, both of us trying to catch our breath. A blush painted her cheeks as she straightened herself.

"You seem a little flushed," Rina remarked, chuckling, while she reached for her camera to review the pictures. However, her laughter faded as she examined them more closely. "Um, it's fine. Really. Haha," she stammered. "I only asked for a kiss on the cheek, though."

•~•~•

Serena requested a date, and I agreed without much consideration. Later, she mentioned it would help us get to know each other and feel more at ease.

I even went ahead and instructed my secretary to book the entire amusement park as per her request.

I was going to drive her to her apartment but she quickly declined my generous offer. Her response was faster than a cat dodging a bath.

"Dude, you got a lipstick stain on your mouth." Lexi said as I walked in. I quickly wiped it away. "I'm making my signature cocktail. Want some?"

"No thanks." With work awaiting me, the last thing I needed was a potentially lethal cocktail that might prevent me from completing my tasks.

As I settled into my study chair, the weight of pending tasks pressed upon me, especially the urgency of obtaining that man's signature on those documents. Guess, I'd have to send my men to prison to forcefully convince him to sign those documents. I'd get it either by hook or by crook.

Amaryllis was mine.

It's always been mine.

It might be under his name but my mother was the one who built it from her blood and sweat.

I was its rightful owner.

As the clock neared 10 in the evening, I delved into the papers scattered across the table, fully engrossed in my work. A sudden need for a paper clip led me to open the drawer, finding one, only to close it moments later. However, a sudden realization made my gaze shoot up—I had just noticed its absence.

Carefully, I opened the drawer again, only to find the necklace missing.

I searched the entire room, but the necklace was nowhere to be found. The thought struck that someone might have stolen it. Considering the staff, I realized no one had access to my study, not even Lexi. Only a person not aware of my reputation would dare to steal from me.

My most prized possession. The necklace that belonged to my dead mother.

I'd kill them.

I opened my laptop and checked the CCTV footage of the night when Lexi held party. I watched the video frame by frame, paying close attention to everyone who had walked outside my study room. Suddenly, I noticed someone entering the room, their distinctive red hair caught on camera. When their eyes met mine, recognition struck.

Storming out, fury coursed through me. How could she dare?

I saw Lexi in kitchen and he froze when he saw me coming towards him with rage.

Gripping him by the collar, I seethed, "If you ever throw another party here, I swear to god, Lexi, I'll block your fucking credit cards."

"I didn't do anything this time I swear." Lexi said as I released his collar. "What happened? You look pissed."

"One of your friends stole something from me." I told him everything.

"I don't think she could do this." Lexi had guts do deny my allegation. "You're probably mistaken."

"Doesn't matter. I'm going to confront her myself."

•~•~•

I knew where she lived and who she was related to. I didn't care if he'd be there. I'd kill him too if that meant I'd have my necklace back.

I rang the doorbell to her house and the door was unlocked after few minutes.

"Where is my necklace?" I wasted no time and asked as soon as she opened the door.

"What necklace?" She was trying to look confused. If that's how it's going to be then...

"Don't try to act innocent, Myra. I know you have it. Tell me where it is.." I threatened, "or I'll—,"

"Be careful how you finish that sentence, Roman." His deep, dangerously soft voice came from behind her. No matter how much he tried to hide his true nature behind this soft voice, it couldn't mask the underlying intensity and hint of threat that simmered beneath his words.

Vincenzo Moretti was a true devil in human skin.