"Have fun, you two." She waved us off as I drive off.

"She's fond of you," Cole admitted leaning into the chair. "Why?"

"She's got her reasons."

Cole stretched. "Why is it I only recall laughter from the night of the accident?"

I shrugged again, my heartbeat raced. "I thought we agreed we weren't going to talk about this?"

Cole doesn't say anything, he turned on the radio, and we drove in silence. "Hey Jen, I'm sorry about the last time we hung out."

"It's fine."

He reduced the volume of the radio. "It's not, I was being irrational and stupid, I'm really sorry Jen. I've felt so lost since I woke up and learning something I remember ... I need to know Jen."

"It really is okay Cole. I understand." I did. I truly did. The traffic lights turned red. I stopped the car behind another car.

Coles hand brushed against my face, "It really isn't, I don't like the way I feel about it."

The lights turn green. I brought my car to move, my cheeks were tinged red. If I were to look in a mirror I knew I'd closely resemble a tomato.

We drove in silence. Before the accident, silence was comfortable, now it drives me crazy, I increased the volume of the radio. We reached nightshade in record time, an hour thirty minutes. There are more people scantily dressed, a bouncer stood by the door. Which was new, perhaps there was a crowd at night. I reduced the volume of the radio, "We don't have fake ID's."

"We don't," Cole agreed, "Maybe we just need to look the part."

A quick glance at Cole, he wore a white collared shirt and dark pants. His hair was combed as always. He looked like Cole. But the Cole I knew, wouldn't go into nightclubs with his no alcohol policy. Much less, sneak into one.

"You don't fit," Cole commented.

I was wearing a light faded pick floral dress and dark leggings, my blonde hair was tied up. I parked my car, a bit far off and step out. I closed the door. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

Cole stepped nearer, "Yeah, but you need to look a bit different." He came closer to me, "Untie your hair."

I raised an eyebrow.

"Please," He added reluctantly. It didn't fall smoothly off his lips.

"Fine." I obliged, taking out my hair band. My hair fell out freely reaching just midway my back.

He ran his fingers through my hair teasing it, making it messy and tousled. The brief contact had ke closing my eyes, taking sweet delight in his touch and his fingers in my hair it was enough to send me back to -

"You shouldn't wear those stockings." I flushed, opening my eyes. When his hands left my hair, I straightened. I was leaning into his touch. Embarrassing. This was what I've come to, stealing touches and dreaming of him.

"But the dress is really high up," I protested mildly still dazed from his touch.

"It's nothing compared to them." Cole tilted his head towards the crowd, "Please Jen."

I relented, "Don't look," I warned, going nearer to the car as I pull out my stockings. When I come back, Cole's hair was messed up like how'd he look at home, and his shirt was unbuttoned, showing off his hairless chest. He met my gaze, glancing up and down, then he grinned. "We shouldn't have a problem coming in."

I nodded, stiffly. I didn't like feeling the cold wind against my long legs. Granted I wore shorts quiet often, it was different when you were wearing a short dress and the chances of accidents were significantly higher.

Amnesia [Wattys 2015]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें