₀.₃

⋖∘ʿ⋆✧⋆ʾ∘⋗

⋖∘ʿ⋆✧⋆ʾ∘⋗

"Don't tell me you're leaving already."

At the voice, you smile, fondly peering over your shoulder.

"I have to, Jade. I'm already running late."

It's the truth, but still Jade scoffs, shaking her head in disbelief. You don't blame her, after all, you've lost count of the amount of times you've escaped plans with her in order to practice more. Not to mention the number of times she's had to drag you away just so you could rest a few hours before your schedules repeated the next day.

These past few months, it's been the only way you could distract yourself.

"Good work today girls." At Bada Lee's voice, you straighten, dropping your things and turning to her immediately. She smiles as the two of you bow to her respectfully, nodding her head in return. "I'll be sure to see you guys in a few days to finish what we started."

Her gaze turns to yours, and you swallow hard, bracing yourself for a scolding. You and Jojo were able to get here a few moments before Bada had begun teaching the choreography to the rest of the members, but your absence was painfully obvious at the meeting held just before she had agreed to choreograph for your team. In the heat of the moment, there was no time for her to speak to you, much less give you a lecture, but you could feel her disappointment hidden within her stone-cold glare throughout the practice.

"Yen Lin, I presume?" You nod mutely in response, keeping your eyes trained on the ground. In doing so, you miss the smile that passes over her plump lips. "I'm glad to finally meet you."

Shocked, you look up at her with wide eyes. Her smile spreads into a grin at the expression, nearly laughing as she places her hand on your shoulder in familiar comradery.

"Don't look so frightful, I don't bite." You laugh nervously with her at the terrible joke, glancing at an amused Jade beside you for some assistance. You should've known she'd be no help, and you glare at her at her smug shrug when she turns away, leaving the two of you to talk. Gaining her composure, Bada shakes her head, a soft smile blooming on her face as she looks at you. "I have been wanting to meet you ever since that jaw-dropping performance you did last year."

You're quick to deny the praise, shaking your head violently, and opening your mouth to bombard her with all the excuses and explanations you have been taught to say every time someone brought up your performance with Tae. But just as quickly, almost as though she expected it, Bada holds up her hand, stopping you in your tracks.

"There's no need to worry, I wasn't referring to your 'act' I was talking about your skill." You blink in surprise. After all the backlash, you had thought no one even noticed you, that all they could see was the controversy. But she didn't. "I'm grateful I'm able to work with such a talented dancer as yourself."