𝟓 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞 & 𝐣𝐚𝐜𝐤

Start from the beginning

Overall, this whole day felt like a breath of fresh air being around Lotte. There was something about her aura that radiated warmth and happiness. It's almost indescribable the pull that her warmth and happiness have on me. I've never felt more drawn to a person than in the moment I met eyes with Lotte.

Right when we reach her door, Charlotte turns around to face me as I stand a little ways back. "I had a great time Jack. This has probably been the best day I've had in quite a while." She sends me a shy smile that causes something in me to flutter. "I'm glad you had a great time because I did too. We need to do this again sometime. I want a basketball rematch because I think you won out of pure luck." Charlotte does a little playful pout to tease me.

"Aww is little Jacky upset that I beat him by 10 points in a silly little arcade basketball game?" I play along and let my pout act as my response. We look at each other's pouty faces for a few seconds trying to stay serious before we both end up breaking out into, what feels like, never-ending laughter. "Well, I'm gonna head out since I have to make sure Luke didn't burn the house down while I was gone." Charlotte couldn't help but giggle as I walked backward to my car.

"Yeah, you should probably do that. Wouldn't want the Jack Hughes to have an amazing day only for him to pull up to his house turned to ashes. Please text me once you get home safe." I nod my head and let out a little laugh, "I'll let you know right when I pull up to my house and I'll even let you know if the house is still standing." We finish exchanging waves with each other and right as I pull out of her driveway, Lotte waves a final time and closes the door once I'm on the street. I shoot Luke a quick text letting him know that I'll be home in about thirty-ish minutes.

Fifteen minutes into my drive home I get a Facetime call from both Quinn and Luke. "Hey huggy, hey lukey what's up?" They both try to talk at the same time and it ends up sounding like a jumbled mess that I couldn't even decipher a single word either of them said. "I have no idea if that was even English. Now can one of you go first and repeat what you just said." Right as Quinn opens his mouth to speak, Luke beats him to it and Quinn gives Luke the finger.

"So how was your little date with Charlotte? Is she nice? Is she just as pretty up close as she is in her pictures?" Luke wiggles his eyebrows when he refers to my hangout with Charlotte as a "little date" and it feels like I involuntarily stepped into an interrogation. "Luke well first off, this wasn't a date we just hung out. Yes, she's nice. Her pictures don't do her any justice because she's even more beautiful up close." I look away briefly from my phone so my brothers won't see the smile creeping up on my face with a little blush just imagining how beautiful Charlotte looked the whole time we were together.

"Rowdy, why did you move your handsome little face from the camera?" Quinn knows me better than I think, which should be expected, but I was dumb enough to think I would get away without being caught. With a sheepish smile on my face, I position my face back into view of the camera. "Look you see? What did I tell you, Quinn? Our Jacky boy is whipped for a girl that he met less than a week ago." The remaining twenty minutes of the ride home are spent with Quinn and Luke making fun of me.

When I make it home, I turn off the car and shoot a text to Charlotte to let her know that I made it home and that the house is thankfully still in one piece. Right when I hit the send button, I got a notification that I was tagged in a post by Charlotte.

Instagram

liked by jackhughes, emiliegavin, and 10,554 otherscharlottemitchell spent half of my day with a new friend and some of y'all might know him @jackhughes↪️jackhughes now why would you use that picture of me? this is an embarassing introduction🤦🏻‍...

charlottemitchell spent half of my day with a new friend and some of y'all might know him @jackhughes
↪️jackhughes now why would you use that picture of me? this is an embarassing introduction🤦🏻‍♂️
↪️charlottemitchell @jackhughes that's for being a waffle lover you loser 🖕🏻
↪️jackhughes now why would you say that charlotte that hurt my feelings 🥺😭

emiliegavin char please don't tell me you're replacing me with this whimp
↪️charlottemitchell i would never replace you babe 😘🫶🏻
↪️emiliegavin you better not cause if you do i might just fight the guy

user1 ariana what are you doing here?? 😂
user3 wait how are my two worlds colliding rn??
lhughes_06 @_quinnhughes now would you look at this quinny 😏
↪️user2 LUKEEEE I LOVE YOU
↪️_quinnhughes @lhughes_96 aww look out our rowdy ☺️ he's 🔛🔝

user4 how did she manage to be friends with @jackhughes
↪️user5 ikr like last time I checked she doesn't even watch sports

view all 415 comments

~
𝕒𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣𝕤 𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕖
happy thanksgiving everyone!! i hope you all get the chance to stuff your faces and go into a food coma. i don't want to sound like a broken record, but thank you so much for almost 500 reads. it means the world to me to see you guys reading what i write and it just motivates me to be a better writer and update as much as i can.

love you all endlessly 🤍