The Interview

Começar do início

I spent the next hour absolutely freaking out, I couldn't believe that I got an interview. I was about to leave my time in food service forever, I would never have to bring an ungrateful customer a bowl of spaghetti again. Was this going to be my ticket to making it big, I know that most film companies don't care much about your education, they care about experience and that is exactly what this job could get for me. Not to mention I've had a hard time making friends, and maybe this was my chance for that, from the videos they have all seemed so nice and Ian is definitely a funny guy. Although I had only seen the cast members so I had absolutely no clue who I was going to be working closely with, I just prayed to God that they were nice. 

After freaking out and panicking for about two hours, I gained my composure and began picking out an outfit for my interview the next day. I grabbed my favorite Converse and paired them with my wide-leg corduroy pants and a large hoodie. Even though it was only 7 pm, I wanted the interview to get here as fast as possible so I made a can of soup, had my dinner, and went to bed. The next morning I woke up and immediately ran to the bathroom to take a shower, for a few minutes I just sat there with the water running down my back, trying to gather my thoughts for what was about to happen. I had known about the existence of this company for two days and I was already so nervous, I had never been interviewed for something like this before. After I got out of the shower, I brushed my hair back into a messy bun and started on my makeup. I didn't go too heavy, Ian did say that it would be casual so I had no reason to.

Before I knew it, it was 11:45 and time for me to head on out. On my way out I passed the same dude who pushed me out of the way at the elevator a few days before, I didn't think much of it at first but the entire car ride to the office he was following me, even into the parking lot. At this point I was scared to get out of my car, why was he following me? After I waited a few minutes I realized that he didn't even know I was there, but I still waited for him to get in the door before I decided to get out. At 12:20 I headed inside for my interview, scared to death but excited nonetheless. The first person I saw was a woman with short brown hair sitting in a rolling chair holding a binder. She could obviously tell that I was lost and had no idea what I was doing because she immediately hopped out of the chair and ran over to me.

"You must be Vienna Sausage," she said

"It's Susage actually," I corrected her, "I get that a lot because of the first name."

"I'll make sure to watch that in the future, I'm Lisa by the way." She said holding out her hand. "Are you ready for your interview?"

"I guess," I said nervously.

"Well if you're sure, it's right this way," she said as she led me down a hall, "Today you will be meeting Ian, who you know, Anthony, Lizzy, and Spencer. Anthony and Ian are the owners of the company, Lizzy is our senior manager, and Spencer is our lead editor and the Smosh Games channel manager." 

'Okay so, this doesn't seem so bad.' I thought to myself. Lisa brought me into what I assumed was either Ian or Anthony's office. A girl was sitting in one of the chairs across from the table, leaving two open. Ian stood up and greeted me at the door, "Nice to see you again Vienna, I'm glad you decided to take the opportunity for the interview. This is Anthony and Lizzy," he said, gesturing to the other two in the room, "Spencer is running a little bit behind but he will be joining us soon."

"Go ahead and take a seat," Anthony said, "let's get to know you a little bit."

The interview seemed to be going well, but the whole time I kept wondering where this mysterious Spencer could be. By the end of our meeting, he still hadn't shown up which was kind of disappointing, I was looking forward to meeting him. 

"Well this interview has been amazing in my opinion," Ian said "What do you think Anthony?" 

"As far as I'm concerned, you've got yourself a job!" He replied.

I couldn't believe it. "Wait, really!" 

"What do you think, Lizzy?" Anthony asked, looking towards her.

"You're hired!" She said beaming at me. "I just wish Spencer had made it in, y'all are going to be working together on a lot of projects."

All of a sudden I heard the door slam open behind me. "Hey guys, sorry I'm late." The voice sounded familiar, so I turned around. "Oh, hi." It was the guy from the elevator. 

"Spencer, sorry you couldn't make it, but at least now you get to meet our new employee, Vienna," Ian said excitedly as he introduced me. 

"Nice to meet you Vienna," he said with an outstretched hand, "I believe we live in the same apartment building."

"You know what, I think you may be right." I said, trying my best not to hide my annoyance at him.

"Spence, do you mind giving her a tour of the office, and show her the open desk in the games pod while you're at it?" Lizzy said

"Sure thing Lizzy," he said, seemingly disappointed.

He walked me out into the hallway and showed me the basics of the office: the different studios, the kitchen, the meeting room, and lastly the office area. It seemed very homey and comfortable, and everyone seemed to know each other. Normal office jobs seemed like they would be boring and strict, but everyone here got to dress how they wanted and they were just chatting over their work. Halfway down the row of work pods, we reached a space with five desks, four occupied and one completely emptied.

"Alright Vienna, this is the games crew." Spencer said introducing me, "Shayne, Alex, and..."

"Damien?" I shouted before he could finish his sentence. Sitting there at one of the desks was the purple haired guy from Trader Joe's. I remembered that he would be working here but didn't realize we would be working so closely.

"Hey Vienna, I didn't know you'd be joining our crew?" Damien said, standing to greet me.

I laughed, "Neither did I!"

"You two know each other?" Spencer asked, looking confused.

"Oh yeah, we go way back!" Damien said jokingly "God, how long has it been?"

"About a full 24 hours," I said, playing along. 

"And now we get to work together, dreams really do come true." He said sarcastically.

"Well, I guess you've met everyone then." Spencer said, "Ian is probably going to want you to start later this week; But if you want you can start moving in your stuff tomorrow." He added, I could hear the annoyance in his voice, but I didn't know why. It's not like I'm the one who shoved him out of the elevator door.

"It's nice to see you here at Smosh, do you mind if I walk you out?" Damien asked.

"Not at all." I responded.

It was so nice to have a familiar face in the office there, and he was just so nice about everything. When we went back to my car he gave me his number and told me to let him know if I needed help moving anything to the office tomorrow. One day in and I already had someone I knew I could count on. I knew I probably didn't need his help moving anything, but maybe I'd take him up on that offer anyway.