The Interview

The next morning I had the day off so I spent my time searching through the internet for smosh videos to see what I was getting myself into. Admittedly most of their content was very funny, and they seemed to be doing pretty well as a YouTube-based company. I made my way through each of their three channels when I came to the games channel, there was something different about this one. I didn't realize how versatile a singular company could be in terms of content, but they managed to make it work. Whoever was in charge of running that aspect of Smosh was doing great, the editing style and direction of those videos just give a completely different vibe compared to the other channels. 

At around noon I went out to get some groceries because I had been running low on practically everything. I got in my car and headed to Trader Joe's, trying to get the idea of getting a new job out of my head. I was so stressed about possibly being able to leave food service behind me, but then again what if they didn't like my work? What if they didn't think I was experienced enough? There were so many what-ifs going through my head that I found it hard to do something as simple as grocery shopping. I looked at my phone every two seconds to see if I had gotten an email back, but there was nothing. When I walked out of the store I ran straight into someone who had a full cart, knocking both of ours over. My groceries were rolling down the parking lot and the guy whose cart I bumped ran after a bottle of Mountain Dew that had rolled out along with cans of premade soup and pints of ice cream. 

When I was about halfway through refilling my cart the guy walked back over and knelt down next to me. "Sorry about that I should really pay more attention to where I am going." He said chuckling.

I laughed, "No you're all good that's my fault, I've just been so distracted today."

"Don't blame yourself, we all have off days." He said with pure sincerity in his voice. "I'm Damien by the way."

"Vienna," I said, shaking his hand "Thanks for helping me clean up."

"No problem! Do you work at Buca di Beppo by any chance?" He asked.

"Hopefully not after today!" I said giggling lightly. After I finished picking up the contents of my cart I helped him gather what spilled out of his. "How'd you know?"

"My company was there last night after VidCon, I'm pretty sure you were our waitress."

"Oh, so you're part of Smosh?" 

"Yup!"

"I knew you looked familiar," I looked at his cart for a moment, "Five tubs of mayo and 8 jars of pickles, sounds like an exciting video." 

He laughed "Guess you'll just have to keep watching to find out." 

"I guess so." I lightly laughed and began to walk back to my car, I couldn't believe that I just happened to run into one of the cast members, small world I guess. 

On my drive back to the apartment I heard my phone buzz and knew it could only be one thing, but I had to keep my composure until I got home. I pulled into a parking spot and bolted into the building, only to be stopped by the elevator. I know I could have checked my email while I sat there waiting, but I wanted to look at it on my computer. The moment I arrived in the car park I raced to the elevator and jumped in! I sat there for a solid thirty seconds pressing the elevator button like a kid in a hotel, just waiting for the doors to close.

 When it hit the sixth floor I calmly walked to my door and sat down at my laptop. I opened my email and saw the unopened message from Ian Hecox at Smosh. The email read:

"Dear Ms. Susage, we at Smosh have taken careful consideration of your material and we have decided that we would like to have you come down to the 'Smoffice' for an interview. The editors here enjoyed your content and would like to see what you are like in terms of private and professional relationships. Being personable is a large part of the community here at Smosh and it is important that we maintain an easy-going and professional work environment, especially because we do tend to get a little silly over here. We would like for you to come in tomorrow at 12:30 pm in order to complete your interview. There is no need to dress up, this will be a casual event, and feel free to bring a meal if you feel so inclined seeing as our interview is around lunchtime. We look forward to seeing you.  -Ian Hecox (President at Smosh)"