CHAPTER FIVE: I DREAM ABOUT HER EVERY NIGHT

Isabelle had a restless night, although she didn't hear anything from her brother and Jess, she woke up a few times from her nightmares. She dreamt of the last time herself and Chole made love but during the shifting of their bodies Choles face would begin to decay and scream out in pain as Isabelle could feel blood slowly covering her body. Not just Choles blood but Gavin's blood As well...

The mood in the house was different on Boxing Day. Jim was having a bad day, incoherent and repeated sentences spilling out every time he spoke alongside this Isabelle could feel a strange tension between her brother and Jessica, and as the day moved on that tension had spilled over on to her as well. Around 14:00 Isabelle heard the tension snap as she heard raised voices coming from upstairs until Jessica come downstairs crying walked over to the axe laying up against the wall and before Isabelle could question what was going on Jessica had walked over to the front door and sung it open.

"Come on Iz, let's go chop some wood. You grab the wheelbarrow."

Isabelle was stunned by Jessicas authority and jogged over and exited the house closing the door behind her hearing Atlas' shouting partially heard words as the two girls left.

"What the fuck was all that about."

"It all started last night."

"Okay... I may regret asking, but what happened last night?"

"I... I don't know, it's embarrassing."

"Jess honey, I think it is going to be just as embarrassing for me, hearing you tell me about you and my brothers...adventures."

Jessca stopped her speed walking and faced Isabelle looking her in the eye:

"I said your name."

Isabelle's mind took a few microseconds to work out what Jesscia was talking about and then the realisation of weirdness and a tiny amount of glee hit her.

"Oh. Right."

"Yeh super embarrassing right?!"

"Um I mean I -."

"I told him it was just a mistake and that I was just still pretty high, and I didn't mean anything by it. But he just hasn't let it go. Bringing up the other night again when we shared a bed and just generally how he thought we always spend way too much time together even though for all we know we are the last 4 people on earth. I think -, I don't know. I then brought up how I can do and see who I want but – I didn't mean it like that I just – I don't know I just wanted him to understand I can do what I want but I love him and am with him."

"Jesus. I mean... do you want me to talk to him?"

"Honestly, I don't know. I think big Jim is getting to him more than he is letting on. But right now, Iz all I want to do is swing this axe into this tree."

Jessica gripped the axe with both hands and sung it into the tree's bark causing it to splinter as its blade hit. Some time had passed, and the tree was chopped, reluctantly the two girls returned and found Atlas waiting sitting on the bottom of the stairs.

"Hey Jess, Hey Izzy, Look Jess I just want to apologies. It's just – wait I presume you told Iz?"

"Yeh, she told me..."

"Right okay, so it's just, with grandad and everything going on, sometimes I just get jealous of how close you two are and feel left out and like I'm a third wheel in my relationship. I know it's stupid but sometimes I just get so stressed out."

"Atlas, Jessica accidentally walked in on me getting changed, bit of an awkward situation and we were pretty high so I think Jess might have just accidentally said my name due to that maybe?"