Chapter One

AN

I've decided to enter Amnesia, into the Watty's 2015 and I'd really be estastic if you could help support the story. Please do help support and you can also share the story with it's link on Twitter using the hashtag #MyWattysChoice

The story was originally written in present tense but I'm editting it to past tense.
[Edited]

It was not fair. He was sleeping, like sleeping beauty. Sleeping for so long. My golden angel, how I wish he'd wake up. He didn't wake up from a kiss, trust me I've tried.

It was just two months earlier his hair was shaven off completely for his surgery after the accident. Now it was grown back but far from his earlier length. The doctors assured us he will wake up but that didn't make the waiting any easier. I leaned on the door to his private room. The Summers and fellow friends and admirers have kept on giving him flowers in hope that one day, when he does wake up, the first sight he'll see, were the flowers.

I watched Mrs. Summers talk to him. She told him about the races he was missing.

Did it matter now?

The doctors assured us he would be able to run. But he may not be as fast as before, it was mostly due to his lack of exercise. I can't imagine how'd he feel when he woke up. He was meant to be one of the best runners.

I wondered if he could hear her.

I walked in after a few more minutes. Mrs. Summers smiled at me when I'm near her and she told Cole in her false cherry voice "Look, Jennifer's here to see you."

Mrs. Summers knew I was by the door, watching for a while. I always did. It had become a habit, to watch him sleep peacefully, blissfully unaware. She reminded me of Cole. The way she stood, smiled, she even had the exact shade of green eyes like Cole's. The time Cole had been asleep wasn't very kind to her. She'd grown thinner, taking days of work to be by Cole's side. She wanted to be there for him when he woke up.

"Hey Cole," I said for Mrs. Summers benefit. I've given up talking to him. I doubt he'd hear me anyway. I didn't want to speak. I'd rather hear him speak.

When school started a month after the accident, I couldn't go. I needed Cole and Drake. After the accident, a lot of things changed drastically. Drake and I, once best friends struggled to see each other in the eye. It may not be the case but I felt Drake blamed me for that night. Had I stayed quiet things may have been different.

As a result, we could barely talk. When we tried, it was plagued with thoughts of Cole.

Cole was the glue that stuck us three together. Without him, the pieces hardly fit together.

I tried to skip the first week of school but my mother stopped me from doing that. Thus leaving me to fare the first week of school alone. School used to be pleasant not horrid. Then the latter happened after the accident. I felt alone. Drake and I still sat together for lunch and our classes but it didn't feel the same. It was worse for my birthday, I didn't celebrate. I stayed with Cole in the hospital trying to recall a time I celebrated a birthday without Cole.

I'm not sure if Drake visited Cole. But I've never seen him here after we were both discharged. He might have, knowing Drake, if science said Cole would wake up, Drake would believe it.

Several girls who adored Cole did visit. I'd ran into one, a girl who chased after Cole desperately, Bella Swan. She never bothered me before, much less in a hospital. Secretly, I cruelly thought she may have wanted to be the one around Cole when he woke up.

I never had to worry about Cole around other girls. He was faithful.

Two days after my last visit with Cole. Mrs. Summers messaged me when I was in class.