#FabFictionFridays: THE MAN BEHIND THE IRON FENCE

#FabFictionFridays - June 19, 2015

The top slice of fiction on today's platter is THE MAN BEHIND THE IRON FENCE, the prequel to the Watty Award-winning The Boy in the Woods by @KatherineArlene

The first chapter is scheduled to hit Wattpad sometime today and it will tell the back story of Jonathon Blackwell, who readers of The Boy in the Woods may remember as Jess' cruel uncle. Katherine Arlene's historical fiction is an absolute delight, perfectly encapsuling the nuances of the periods it tackles, and I have no doubt that this new book, set in 1939, will just as exciting.

THE MAN BEHIND THE IRON FENCE's Official Book Blurb:

It's 1939, and the world is at the precipice of war, but life for one young man in rural America couldn't be better. Jonathon Blackwell is the eldest son of the most powerful family in town and heir to Blackwell Iron and Mining. Unlike many who struggled to survive the final years of the Great Depression, he has everything he could ever want – except the one thing he desires most.

Sheltered by privilege and living behind an iron fence meant to protect him, no one could imagine anything terrible would happen to Jonathon, but dark times are coming. Fate is about to play it's hand, and when it's all over, the world, the country, and Jonathon will be changed forever.

~~

Even though this is a prequel, it is intended to be read AFTER The Boy in the Woods as it resolves mysteries left outstanding in that story. Please be aware, many spoilers and much confusion lie ahead if you start with this one. You have been warned. :)

Read it at: http://www.wattpad.com/story/42225966-the-man-behind-the-iron-fence-the-boy-in-the-woods (or just click the link attached to this chapter)