Chapter 9: Unwanted Familiar Faces (Short)

In his dream, Jaune is seen back in Emerald Forest where he met the spirits of the dead children possessing the animatronics. He looks at his surroundings, confused.

Jaune: W-Why am I...?

Then, he sees the blonde boy with the other four absent. The boy was sitting on the ground as he was drawing something on the ground with a stick.

Jaune: Y-You're one of those kids missing and possessing Freddy and the others, right?

The boy did not respond to Jaune as he kept on drawing.

Jaune: I don't know how this is possible, but why are you inside my dream now and last night? What is it do you want with me to be aware of? Is it the yellow rabbit?

The boy stood up and turned to face Jaune.

Blonde kid: Yes. Even if we are friends, finding him and killing him won't do anything. It won't give us anything.

Jaune: ...

Jaune looked at the boy and knelt down to his level.

Jaune: Still. I want to find out whoever did this. I will make them pay.

The boy just nod and smiled a bit before frowning again.

Jaune soon hears knocking and he wakes up from his dream. He gets up and lazily walks to the door to answer it.

Jaune: Coming!

He reaches the door, twists the knob and opens the door, but his face turned annoyed when he saw Team RWBY and Team NPR.

Jaune: (sarcastically) Oh, great.

Ruby: H-Hey, Jaune.

Jaune: Ugh, what do you guys want?

Jaune crossed his arms as he glared at his former friends.

Ruby: We... We need your help.

Jaune: Oh, now you need my help? I thought you all said I was nothing more than a stupid idiot.

Pyrrha: Jaune, we really need your help.

Jaune: Fuck off. I don't wanna see your faces ever again.

Jaune was going to close the door, but Ruby held it open.

Ruby: Jaune, please!

Jaune: No! Leave me alone!

Yang: Jaune, this is a serious case!

Jaune: No, bimbo! Stay away from my apartment and stay away from my life!

Weiss didn't do anything as she sighed. This was a waste of time for her.

Pyrrha: Professor Ozpin sent us to find you! He needs your help!

Jaune: I. Can. Contact. Him. Myself!!

Jaune, with all his might, slams the door as he pushed it, knocking Ruby to the ground. Jaune locks the door and slumps down. He can hear the others trying to call for him.

Blake: Jaune, open the door! We need your help!

Jaune didn't listen and he walked to his bedroom and locks it.

Back outside, Team RWBY and Team NPR gave up and Weiss spoke.

Weiss: This was just a waste of time. We can do this ourselves.

Yang: Can you just shut the fuck up, Ice Queen!

Yang's voice made the others jump a bit.

Ruby: Y-Yang?

Yang: You're wrong about him! I didn't know what came to me when I beaten him up, maybe it was your small brain that made me so angry at him!

Weiss scowled at Yang as she turned around, preparing to leave.

Weiss: Whatever, but we need answeres now and get our butts moving.

Yang: Yeah, but that's for Ruby to decide. What do you say, sis?

Everyone except Weiss turned to Ruby, who was not responding due to feeling guilty about abandoning Jaune and siding with the fact that he should have never been at Beacon.

Ren: Ruby?

Ruby sighs and walks away.

Ruby: ...Let's talk to Ozpin about this. I'm sure that he'll handle Jaune.

Weiss: Tch. Like he'll agree on that.

That was the last straw. Ruby turned around and shouted at Weiss.

Ruby: CAN YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP, WEISS!?

Everyone was taken aback and stunned by Ruby's sudden outburst, mostly Weiss.

Weiss: W-Wha...?

Ruby: Do you really think you can just think of Jaune or a person like him as if he were garbage? You really have a lot of nerve, do ya!?

Weiss: R-Ruby———

Ruby: Shut up. I don't wanna hear or speak to you ever again. Come on, guys.

Ruby walks away, with the rest following her. Weiss just stares at her "dumb and childish" leader dumbfounded.

Weiss: Ugh! How dare you yell at me! Feeling.

Weiss stomps as she follows her teams behind.

In Beacon Academy, Ozpin sighs as he decides to call Jaune himself.

Ozpin: Come on, Jaune. Pick up.

After a few rings there was no answer from Jaune.

Ozpin: (sighs) I'm not surprised that he won't answer from seeing his old team and Team RWBY.

Ozpin rubs his eyes he knew getting Team NPR and Team RWBY involved was a mistake.

Ozpin: I guess it's just them getting answers.

Back in Vale, Jaune is seen as he rubs his eyes as he was sleep deprived. He was more than being sleep deprived, but was annoyed that the fact that his former friends decided to speak with him even after that they did everything to him.

Jaune: Why would I ever want to help selfish pricks like them. I just want them out of my life forever.

He looks at the time and it was only 10:00 AM. He sighs and goes back to lying down on his bed.

Jaune: ...

He falls back to sleep to try and forget about Team RWBY and Team NPR.