Tae looked away, feeling the weight of the situation.

"I... I... I was a bold girl, but you guys really changed me... Because I thought I was also a reason for Uncle's death and everything. But now I realize... I have hope now. I'm glad that you believe me," a tear escaped Y/N's eye as she expressed her gratitude.

"But I didn't say that you're not the murderer of Uncle Jeon," he said with a hint of anger.

"I know, but now I have hope. I'll prove my innocence. I have nothing to lose, so I don't have to fear anyone," she said, her eyes getting teary as she remembered her old days with her family.

He checked the CCTV footage, engrossed in the computer.

"But why? Why are you suddenly inclined to help me?" she asked softly.

Tae turned to her, giving her a sidelong glance. "Because I don't like seeing innocent people punished for something they didn't do. Not just me, Jungkook and Jimin feel the same way. Jungkook is blinded by his hatred towards you, that's why he's cursing you, and I can't stay silent."

A smile spread across her face upon hearing this. "Then I'm sure you'll deeply regret it when you all find out the truth," she said, glancing at the clock. It was already past 4 AM.

"I think maybe that unknown person is your enemy?" Tae suggested.

"Mine? But..." she began, confused.

"Yes, by driving Jungkook mad, that person knows that killing you directly isn't worth it. And when you surrendered to Jungkook, they knew he would make your life a living hell," Tae explained.

"But I don't think so! Uncle Choi did this? But I don't feel like he would gain anything from it. Then why would he?" she pondered, placing her right hand on her forehead.

"Uncle Choi? Okay, Y/N, tell me everything. Only the truth. If there's something I don't know, tell me. That's the only way I can help you," Tae urged.

"Yes, there are so many things you don't know. And if I tell you, I'm not sure you'll believe me. So why should I?" she said, gripping her forehead tightly.

"I'm risking a lot by telling you that I believe you. But you need to tell me the truth," Tae pressed.

"I didn't kill Uncle Jeon, and everything happening here has nothing to do with me! I'm trapped! I'm fucking trapped!" she screamed, frustration evident in her voice. Tae fell silent, processing her words.

"Should I believe her? Am I doing the right thing? What if she's not the murderer? What about the punishments we gave her? Are they all in vain?" Tae's mind raced with questions.

"Look, you're not responding. I know, that's why..." she trailed off in frustration.

"Okay, Y/N, calm yourself. I'll give you a chance. If you're innocent, then prove it," Tae finally said.

"Alright, I've been here for four months, right? I could have killed any of you by poisoning your food or in many other ways. But I didn't. If I were Uncle's murderer, why would I choose the exact day Jungkook returned? I have a brain. I can think that killing Uncle that day would definitely get me caught by Jungkook," she argued.

Tae fell silent, contemplating her words.

"Look, you don't have anything to say?" Y/N's voice was sharp, her eyes blazing with intensity as she glared at Tae.

Tae fell into deep thought, contemplating her words.

"Y/n, I'm thinking... when you ask these same questions to Jungkook, he'll give you a perfect answer. But I can't," Tae finally responded.