CHAPTER14- BETTER TOGETHER

Next day akk and ayan went back to akk's place.

"I thought we will go house hunt after graduation. Even my lease will end by then. But now look at you struggling in this small place." Akk said while making bed.

"Oh.. So you don't want me to stay here?" Ayan was pouting.
"That's not what I meant, you know that too." Akk's response was quick.

" I know, but you don't have to worry I'm ok and what matters is we are living together now, I don't care about how big or small this place is. I'm happy because you are by my side." Ayan was reassuring.

"But if you want we can move out somewhere else, I'm okay with that." Before akk could finish his sentence ayan spoke up "do you have a lot of money to waste? We can move out after your graduation once lease is over. And to be honest I kinda like this place it's cozy and reminds me of your old dorm in high school. Ah..." While talking ayan was puting akk's extra mattress on shelf. But his concentration was on akk so it slipped from his hand.

"Are you okay? My wife is so delicate. From now on don't do such heavy chores." Akk teased ayan while helping him.
"I'm not! It's just so heavy for a single mattress! Don't laugh like that why is it here in the first place?" As Ayan was saying Akk couldn't hold back his laughs.

" What can I do you are so cute. And for the mattress P'mes uses it when ever he sleeps over." As soon as ayan heard akk's words he stoped tucking it in shelf and stepped back. Which led it to fall.
"Are you oky? I told you not to do it. Come and sit here." Akk was worried for a moment that ayan might hurted himself.

" It's not I can't, but I don't want to touch that mattress which your beloved P'mes was using allalong. No wonder why it stinks." After saying this ayan went to their balcony. Suddenly he felt something on his shoulder it was akk's head and he wrapped his hands around ayan's waist.

"Please don't be angry, what ever is going on your head don't jump to any conclusion. I don't want any misunderstandings or further distance between us." Akk was talking in a baby voice. After hearing it ayan turned and faced akk and said "if you don't want any misunderstandings then make your side clear and as for further distance don't worry I won't leave without listening to your side and if I ever finds you guilty you don't have to worry about breakup I would gladly kill you with my bare hands." Ayan had a smile on his face when he spoke it wasn't inocent at all it was as the devil is smirking.

"That day would never happen." Before saying anything further akk took ayan's hand on his hands and then continued "you are the only person I'm in love with and I know for sure I will never be able to love someone else like this. As for all this P'mes situation he is a friend just like others but if anything make him stand out then that's because he is like a brother to me.

When I first met him he was everything I wanted to be like and he was therefore me when I didn't know much people here. He was a senior who always looked out for me and supported me. But when I met him again at university I couldn't believe he was the same person. The P'mes I knew was everyone's favorite but the person stood in front of me didn't had a single person by his side.

So I wanted to be there for him because I think I can understand him better than anyone as we went through same things. I'm grateful to have you and our friends by my side to support me, but he didn't had anyone which made his condition worse. And do you know what else reason I have to stay by his side? That's you, Ayie. He used to had nightmares just like you, he depended on pills to get sleep just like you after uncles death. I simply wanted to help he is not my lover or crush but he is still a significant part of my life." As akk was pouring his emotions in front of ayan, ayan couldn't say anything.

Deep down he knew it was all his insecurities which were caused by their long distance relationship but he couldn't help feeling uneasy. It was not like he doubted akk's feelings but it was because he knew someone else was there to love akk although akk didn't even know about it. But that was the truth.

Few months had passed. Ayan joined a band which he came across with while doing freelance composing works. To everyone's surprise it was a band formed by akk's peer mentor Meen. Meen who already finished his internship now taking some time off from professional life to live his music dreams. As for akk, kan, namo and mes they were currently working on their final project as a team.

It's ping's birthday so he invited everyone to celebrate at the club were ayan's band is performing. Thua and kan couldn't make it but other than them everyone showed up. Once performance was over meen joined them and seemed he was a little bit more intrested in b'day boy.

Ping offered akk a drink as he was the only one who was not drinking. But mes stoped and said "akk can't drink tonight"
Instead of akk ayan replied
"He is not a baby he can drink a few." Atmosphere suddenly heated but ayan got more annoyed after mes said akk can't drink because he have a meeting with investor tomorrow morning. Ayan was pissed because he didn't knew it and from all of the people he had to hear it from mes.

Then when food served and ayan was passing food to akk mes again spoke "Ai... Don't akk is alergic to tree nuts! "
"Oh... I didn't notice it had tree nuts in it. It's not a common ingredient so I didn't paid attention." Akk said. But ayan felt sad and akk noticed it. To divert ayan's mind akk changed topic.

Night was long and for some reason mes wasn't backing down today and ayan kept loosing his cool. It was like mes was claiming on akk and ayan didn't like that feeling at all.

After so many drinks, it seemed like meen had already fallen in love with ping and wat and namo were wasted. But mes looked more happy. Ayan stepped out for a little he thought maybe fresh air will be good. Ayan was staring at the stars but suddenly akk hugged him from back and placed a kiss on ayan's right ear.
"What are you doing? There are a lot of people here." Ayan said while trying to distance himself from akk.
"I wanted to show everyone that you are my boyfriend. Wait... Don't tell me you are embarced of me?" Akk asked with puppy eyes.
"It's more like I'm embarced of myself. I'm your boyfriend but I feel like I don't know you at all. I think I kinda failed you." Ayan didn't made eye contact but stayed close to akk.

Akk lifted ayan's head up and looked into his eyes then replayed "don't ever say that. I know what this is about, please listen to me first. He know I have a meeting tomorrow because we are in the same team and I said it in our group chat when I got notified about that meeting earlier today. And I'm going there with kan tomorrow. About tree nut thing I literally mentioned it two weeks ago and I told that to everyone, but he might have remembered it. And if you are upset about... "

Before akk could finish his sentence interrupted by ayan's kiss. Ayan placed a soft and warm kiss on akk's lips and akk kissed him back. After they broke their kiss akk was confused but ayan spoke up
"You don't have to explain and I understand you but at the same time I can't help feeling uneasy because someone else knows you better. I can't help but wonder one day you will find someone better."

Akk put his index finger on ayan's lips and spoke "shhh... Aren't you thinking alot? And I don't want anyone better I want you with whom I can be the better version of me. We have long way to go as we go further we might meet people who might appear perfect but remember one thing the one I choose will be always you. No matter what or who my first priority is you and us. That won't change no matter what it's my word."

After hearing akk's words ayan hugged akk. They both had tears in their eyes. And those tears whipped off all of their remaining uncertainties and insecurities. No matter what comes in their way they won't compromise their forever.

(It's a photo of meen if you didn't notice meen and ping are from ai long nhai and my dear gangster oppa)

Authers note:

Few more chapters left to their forever. please stay with me till we reach that destination and keep supporting me💜