Chapter Sixty One

Start from the beginning

There was quite a few notifications and texts, yet none of them said her name.

My fingers moved across the screen quickly as I texted Lyra at least a dozen times.

"I've been texting and neither of them have answered. I'm sure they're on their way." Teddy ran a hand through his hair. "They may just be running late.Sasha wouldn't miss your party without saying something."

I didn't believe that for a fucking second.

I know Sasha, she would have texted me.

Kol sat next to me, his eyes bloodshot red as he handed me a beer. "You guys ready to play some games?"

"We're going to get Sasha and Lyra."

Kol rolled his eyes before taking a sip of his beer. "Williams wasn't invited. Sasha was."

My blood fucking boiled

Lyra wasn't invited. Sasha was.

I told them to invite her. I told them to give her the details. She wouldn't have asked for them.

God, I worried what she thought.

I shouldn't. I really shouldn't have.

"What the fuck do you mean?"

"We're your friends too, River. We know you don't like her. So we just didn't invite her." He looked over at Teddy and held a hand up. "Your friend does not have to be his or used to make us suffer."

My eyes went wide. "I told you to tell her where the party was. I trusted you guys with that considering I don't know shit. I invited her."

"You didn't tell Lyra where the party was?" Teddy snapped, his voice growing ice cold.

I shoved the beer in Kol's hand before getting up. "She is my friend. I like her. And I wanted her here. When I come back with her, you're all going to be fucking nice to her or your positions on other sports teams may be be filled. And you'll have a broken nose and hand."

They're so lucky I've had too much to drink and I want to see Lyra. Staying here was a bad idea.

I just had to see her.

Teddy followed close behind me as I stormed out of the house.

"Did you drink?"

"No." Teddy unlocked the car before we got in. "What was that about?"

Now wasn't a good time to tell him. Not while driving or while I was drinking.

I stared at the road as he pulled onto it. "I told them to tell her. I asked the many times." I mumbled.

I leaned my head against the window as the cool air hit me.

My head spun.

She wasn't answering my texts. She wasn't answering my calls. Nor was Sasha.

A million things ran through my head, what she must have been thinking. How she must have felt.

I didn't give a fuck who was around, I was kissing her and dragging her to that party. My party. Wearing my jersey. With my arm around her.

Teddy stopped asking questions when he realised he wouldn't get any proper answers.

It was amazing to me how he didn't get a speeding ticket by the time we got to Lyra's house.

I immediately went to the front door, mistaking it for the side door.

"River, wrong door." Teddy sighed as he got up the steps.