We slow down...

I park the car in one of the airports parking slots. I somehow managed to find an empty spot in the full lot. As I walked into the airport building i pull out my phone, dialing my younger sister's number.

On the second ring the other line picks up.

"Y/n? I just got out the gate" My sister Alexis says.

"Yeah, I just got here at the registration, what was the gate number?" I ask looking around.

"four"

I spot her with a backpack over her shoulder, with the phone to her ear.

"I see you ale."

She looks around frantically, "where?"

"I'll go over to you, don't move" I say. I walk towards her direction.

She finally says, "i see you!" when i get to her line of sight.

She runs up to me, I open my arms to hug her, but she jumps into my arms.

"I missed you so much" she wraps her arms around my neck.

"i missed you too" i say.

She pulls away from the hug.
"I can't believe you live here in LA" she said amused.

"Yeah, we all just figured it'd be convenient for us" I replied.

"I bet it is."

I chuckle at her, I link my arm with hers, "come on, let's get going".

We both head towards the exit of the airport.
*
*
*

The drive was silent, so i decided to ask her something, "is mom back in rehab?"

I know the question may be triggering for her. Ever since dad had died, mom's coped with drinking.

Alexis had told me before that it felt like she was the one taking care of mom, not the other way around.

I felt bad for her because she was just fifteen and she had to go through that.

I had just turned nineteen so i could now legally have Alexis live with me.

Though mom didn't want to sign her over to me. The court had given her one last chance to prove herself clean, but of course she blew it, now she's back at rehab.

"Yea, she started drinking again."

I could feel myself getting angry at my mom's ruthless actions.

I hated that she was drinking, i know dad's death had been hard on her but Alexis and I also had it hard.

Instead of her taking care of Alexis, Alexis had to take care of her.

"I'm sorry ale, that you have to see mom like that" I look over at her then back at the road.

" it's fine, I guess I got used to it" she lets out.

"You shouldn't have to get used to it" I say, "you'll be living with me alright?"

I look at her, she nods her head.
"Cheer up, were gunna have lots of fun."

*
*
*

I show her around my apartment, my room, living room, kitchen and lastly her room. It used to be the guest room but since i haven't had anybody stay over, i would convert it into her room.

"You can redecorate it however you want."
She smiles at me, "thanks sis."

"you're welcome."

She gives me a hug; I hug her back. In the middle of the hug she says, "Thanks Y/n, this means a lot to me."