Chapter 10

Paul had insisted that I stayed at the house for the first time, and so I told dad that I was spending the night with Leah for some girl time.

Snuggling into Paul's warmth, I sighed as he tightened his hold around me. Surprisingly Paul was a cuddler, and I wondered if that was true with all the wolves or if I just got granted the special case.

I'd have to ask the other girls when I saw them next.

On the bedside table my cell phone started to buzz. Sighing, I tried to wiggle out of Paul's hold, grunting when he didn't let go. "Lahote," I scowled, trying to reach for my phone and not being able to.

"Noooo, five more minutes..." He mumbled into my shoulder, and I sighed, ignoring the call. If it was truly important they can call again later. Or I'd call them back once I saw who called while Paul was being a literal child.

A lot longer than five minutes passed by as I fell right back asleep, only to wake up to see Paul not resting beside me. Grumbling, I rolled out of bed, grabbing my phone and seeing who had called me - only to pale at the name that popped up.

Riley Biers.

Biting my lip, I debated upon calling him again. Would he even answer me if I called? Did I even want to call him? Why was he calling me? Hundreds of questions rang through my mind as I tried to think of reasons why he would call, only to draw a blank. I hadn't seen him, actually seen him since the last time... when he was waving towards me while standing outside of our house in the woods.

Shaking my head, I decided I'd call him later when I wasn't with Paul. That way I could at least try to talk to Riley before having an overprotective wolf breathing over my shoulder the entire time I talked to the newborn vampire... if that was even what he was. The Cullen's were pretty satisfied that he got turned, especially with the psychic as they're source.

Walking downstairs I could faintly smell the pancakes Paul was making, and I smiled softly to myself. From my knowledge Paul had a very few things that he could easily cook for himself.

Pancakes was one of them.

A big box of pre-made pancake batter sat on the counter as Paul was working. Some light rock was playing through his phone's speaker and I smiled softly at the domesticated sight. This was what I wanted. A lifetime with Paul Lahote seemed like a dream come true.

"Having fun?" I wrap my arms around his waist, pressing a kiss to his bare shoulder. He was, of course, shirtless - though I had gotten used to seeing that. None of the boys really wore shirts, which I could understand why. They got overheated easily.

"You could have slept in more, baby," Paul murmured, though I could hear the smile in his voice as he plated up the pancakes that he had been working on.

Kissing his cheek, I went to grab the syrup that I knew was in the pantry. "I wanted to spend some time with my fiancée," I shrugged as I sat the strawberry syrup on the countertop. Paul beams at me when I say fiancée, making me giggle at his reaction. "Besides, I slept in plenty enough." I glanced over at the clock that sat on the counter, which read eight thirty am. "Do you have patrol today?" I asked, turning to look at him as he finished up with the cooking.

Grinning, he turned to fully look at me. "I requested today off. I switched with Jared today so that we could spend the day together as an engaged couple. Sam understood, since he was in the same boat with Emily a few months ago before we even met." He smirked at that, pleased with himself. "I figured we could go tell your old man that you said yes." He shrugged and my eyes widened at the implication.

"Wait, you asked dad for his blessing?" I grinned at him. I bet that was an awkward experience.

Scoffing, Paul just gave me a look as we moved our breakfast to the dining table. It was a cute round table made for just two people, which was perfect. I doubted we'd be hosting anything anytime soon, especially since we usually hung out at Emily's place anyway. "Of course I did doll, what kind of a person would I have been if I didn't? Besides I had to one-up Edward somehow," he smirks at me and I laughed, shaking my head in amusement.

"Sweetheart you already beat Edward in miles," I assured him with a laugh. "Dad gets your name right. With Edward he goes through all sorts of names even though he does know his name." I snickered, it was always funny to see dad mess up Edward's name purposefully.

I didn't know dad could be so petty.

"You could probably kill someone and dad would still like you over Edward," I added with a snicker, knowing that was completely right.

At that Paul grins, eyes shining brightly and I couldn't help but grin back at him. Seeing him so happy made my heart swell, and I was glad that I was the one who could do that for him. It was me who got him to smile, and got his heart to swell.

And that made me feel good.

We finished our breakfast, laughing and just talking to each other while we got ready to go over to my house. Paul was so eager to tell dad that I had said yes, and I thought that was super cute. I loved Paul with my entire heart and soul, and knowing that he got along with my dad and at least tried to tolerate Bella... well, that was more than what words can say.

While I could do better with tolerating Edward, to a point, it was mainly the fact that Bella would just choose him time and time again that made me upset with the couple. Bella cared very little for her family when it came to the Cullen's... and I knew that after graduation, she was just going to be gone. That was what dad was worried about, and I knew he was probably already mentally preparing himself for the day Bella did leave. At least with Paul I wouldn't have to leave my family and friends.

That said a lot about the vampires.

And the fact Bella was so willing to become one, at that.

"Dad?!" I called into the house when we finally made it home. This was his day off, and he had been planning a game night with Billy for a while now.

"Living room!" His gruff voice called out. Rolling my eyes I made my way towards the room, pausing when I saw Bella and Edward sitting with them. Paul had stiffened beside me and I placed my hand on his bicep to calm him down. "Bella was just telling me she's staying with the Cullen's for a few days," dad rolls his eyes as he glances over to us. "Hello Paul, good to see you." Edward scoffs at that as I snickered, earning a look from the immortal teen.

"Sir," Paul smiles, relaxing a bit and ignoring Edward all together. "I asked her yesterday and she said yes," he grins, and I showed off the ring that Paul had gotten me.

"Good boy!" Dad beams, and I snickered at the implication - making Paul huff beside me at the unknown pun dad just made.

"What? You're getting married?!" Bella gasped, surprised.

Shrugging I interlaced my fingers with Paul's, tugging him closer to me. "Like I said, he asked me last night. The house is done and he gave me a tour."

"Ah so that was where you were," dad nodded his head, though he didn't seem mad about it. "Congratulations you two. Are you going to hold an engagement party?" He wonders, completely ignoring Bella and Edward for now.

Glancing over at Paul I shrugged. "It's likely if Emily has anything to say about it. We'll have it over there," Emily loved to be a host. I knew if I asked her she would do it without any questions asked.

"If not we'll have a bonfire for it," Paul added with a smirk. Quilettes loved there bonfires, and I was alright with that. La Push was like one happy family, and I was grateful that I was a part of it all.

Bella frowns but says nothing as she glances over at Edward, who was giving her a pensive look. I wondered if something happened between the two, though it wasn't my place to question anything. Bella had her own thoughts on marriage, mostly because of what dad and mom went through - but I wasn't mom. If this was any other circumstance I would have waited as well, but Paul was my soulmate.

Someone I knew I wanted to be with forever.