Chapter 6

"So what's this about I hear from the guys of you being stalked?"

We were hanging out at the house. Edward was also there with Bella, while I was hanging out with Paul in the living room. I found it hilarious that dad loved Paul, but despised Edward with so much passion. Though I could easily see why, and I despised the vampire too.

"I was hoping they wouldn't tell you about that..." I trailed off with a sigh, wincing. Glancing over to the kitchen where Edward was trying to get onto my dads good side, I glanced over to Paul who was giving me a worried look. "It's..." I trailed off, frowning. "Come with me," I made a motion with my finger as I started to walk into the kitchen.

"You're not going into Seattle, Bella!" I heard dad grumble, crossing his arms over his chest. I furrowed my eyebrows at that, seeing Edward glossing over the article that dad had just been reading.

Bella huffed, placing her hands on her hips defiantly. "What, now I can't hang out with Alice and Rosalie?" She scoffs and I rolled my eyes at her attitude.

"While I think you should hang out with other friends, that's not why I don't want you to go to Seattle." Dad placated, pausing when he saw me and Paul standing at the archway. "This is for you too, Laney. There's been a lot of disappearances in Seattle recently. Until it's resolved, neither of you are going to Seattle." I pouted at that, though understood. Paul and I had a date in Seattle, but we can always change plans.

Edward made a weird noise as we all glanced over to him. "No, I didn't mean Seattle. You're right Charlie, I'd never send Bella over there with all this happening. We can plan something else." Dad raised an eyebrow at the compliance before nodding his head in resignation.

Rolling his shoulders back, he nods his head. "Alright. Good, good. I'm counting the same for you too, Paul." Dad nods his head towards the wolf, who stiffens beside me.

"Of course, Chief..." He nods, "though I could protect Laney from any sort of monsters in Seattle." He smirks at his joke, making me roll my eyes though a small smile formed on my lips as he takes my hands and squeezes it.

Dad laughed at that good naturally. "I'm sure you could kid," patting his shoulder, dad kisses my head before walking into the living room - probably to put on a game.

"Alright, vamp. What's going on?" Paul asks as he turns to look at Edward, who was still reading the papers.

Edward made a face at the nickname, but that was about as civil as Paul was going to get. He could have called him a leech, so this was a step in the right direction if Paul wanted to get some answers out of the hundred year old vampire. "I'm not sure, but if I had to guess this is the work of a vampire," he murmurs, glancing over to Paul whose face hardened.

"Well this answers my question I was going to ask..." I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose in exasperation.

Paul made a face as he turned to me. "You were going to ask about missing persons reports?" He frowns, seeing where I was heading with this.

"I'm still not sure!" I point my finger at him, and both Edward and Bella look confused. "This can't be a coincidence though." Not with what I knew now, knowing that vampires actually existed.

"So you think Riley is a vampire now?" Paul's face twisted at that suggestion.

"It's my only explanation!" I defended myself with a huff.

"Wait, Riley? That guy you hung out with a couple of weeks ago?" Bella's voice piped up, interrupting the conversation I was having with Paul. I had honestly forgot Edward and Bella were even in the room. I tended to just pretend that Edward didn't exist when he was here most days, which also meant pretending that I didn't have a sister.

"I thought I saw him outside of our house the other day," I explained with a sigh, rubbing the back of my neck. "I called out to him and all he did was wave at me. Then he was gone."

Edward frowned at that. "That's not good," he murmurs, looking over at Bella who had wide eyes. "I'll have Alice watch for him." I furrowed my eyebrows before I remembered that she could see the future.

"He hasn't hurt me. At least, not yet." I shrugged helplessly. "He basically just watches. It's weird, but not harmful." At least, that was what I kept telling myself while knowing it was stalking.

"Babe..." Paul trailed off with a sigh. "If Riley is a vampire now, we need to watch out for him. You know that right? He's getting too close to the rez," he reminds me and I nodded. I knew that. I also knew that when the time came they might have to kill him.

I just hoped I wasn't there when he was inevitably killed.

"We have to plan a new date now, though." I whined, turning towards my boyfriend who just chuckled - allowing me to change the subject.

"I'll think of something, don't worry." Paul winks at me. When he got the day off we had to make use of it. While Sam did understand the need for us to have our time together, with him also having an imprint, everyone else also needed their time off.

Maybe once everything settles down Sam can start giving the wolves more days off.

Dusk till Dawn | Paul Lahote ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara