The rules of love

Sooner than expected, the pastor concluded the wedding. "By the power vested in me I declare them husbands and wives, they are now officially couples," the pastor announced while the gathering gave a loud ovation. "You may now unveil your bride and have a hearty kiss" the pastor added as the little crowd gave another ovation waiting for the passionate kiss.

Thomas smiled and lifted the veil of the woman in front of him. He stood shocked as he stared at her "Kiss your bride!!!" They all screamed but Thomas stood still. The bride fainted suddenly as they all got into a race to reach the wedding altar but what they saw left their mouths open, it was Emily instead of Doris. "Get water quickly" Sonya ordered as she knelt and placed Emily's head on her lap. The water was brought quickly and sprinkled on Emily's face then she woke up and it took no time before Sonya started to blame everyone.

"Wow! What a family. First, you all agreed to get this girl married to that boy of yours but in return, she got married to my son, you are a betrayal Mandy " Sonya shouted as she stood facing Mandy.

"Shut up, What are you talking about? How can I get Emily here and break my promise?" Mandy fired back.

"You are a cheater and a rascal Mandy, you have always done this since I knew you and you will never change. I hate you " Sonya insisted firmly. Now, the atmosphere got very hot and tense before Grandmother chipped in.

"You both keep quiet and stop disgracing yourselves in front of everyone", Grandmother scolded as she turned towards Dylan. "Instead of fighting, let's find a solution to the problem at hand. And the problem right now is who did Dylan get married to?" Grandmother asked. Dylan moved closer to his bride then he slowly unveiled his biggest imagination. "Doris!" he exclaimed.

Everyone went in shock as they saw Doris beside Dylan. "Doris got married to Dylan!" Grandmother exclaimed. Emily walked slowly towards Doris with watery eyes "Doris you did this to me" she pouted.

FLASHBACK

"So tell me Emily, why do you choose to marry Dylan out of the blue?" Doris asked as she sat beside Emily as soon as they got out of the dressing room. "No reason at all but as they say when you finally meet your loved one you will know, Dylan is my last man and he will always be. Love at first sight simply" Emily said smiling happily.

"Ok no problem sister, that's fine but how about we take a drink before the program starts? You know last moment as single ladies" Doris said as she raised her hands in the air while Emily nodded. "Let me get it" She entered the room and came out shortly after handing over a glass of wine to Emily and holding onto the other one "Cheers!!!" Emily blushed as they both clicked their glasses.

"Your drink has been spiked, I am sorry Emily but Dylan is not the right man for you. I won't let you marry someone like him, I will save you from him and find out his motive for insisting on staying in this house or closer to us. He has a conspiracy planned already and I have to find out as soon as possible" Doris thought as she watched closely to know if Emily consumed a lot of it. "That's enough," she said and retrieved the glass then she dropped them both on the table near them "We will be late for the wedding if we don't leave now," Doris advised dragging Emily along who held on to her head.

"We are about to enter the venue now, the groom on the left is Dylan your husband-to-be while the other one on the right is mine and mine alone," Doris said as he pointed to the altar. "Now you can get in," She directed pulling Emily's veil down and covered her head as well.

PRESENT

Mandy walked up to Doris quickly "Doris my darling why did you do this? Why are you there instead of Emily? You didn't tell me you wanted to get married to Dylan then why did you do it? Why did you marry Dylan suddenly?" She asked several questions immediately. "Because I wanted to marry him and that's all" Doris answered very boldly.
"What! Did you just say you wanted to marry him suddenly? why hasn't this come up earlier?" Mandy asked again quickly.