The bag of soup was now gone. My textbook and papers neatly tucked back into my backpack, replaced instead with a pillow on the desk. I reach around my shoulders and pull on a blanket draped on me. Spinning around, I look for Ahaan on the bed. He's gone.

Just then, the bathroom door clicks and Ahaan appears from the bathroom. He has only shorts on and a small towel draped over his wet hair. He freezes when he sees me staring at him.

"Sorry!" My hands whips up to hide my face.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" Ahaan continues to walk into the room after some reluctance.

"No, I woke up on my own."

"Thanks for the soup and the school assignments." I peek through the gaps between my fingers to see Ahaan sitting on his bed, still without a shirt. He lazily ruffles his wet hair and tosses the towel aside.

"Jeez, you shouldn't keep your hair wet. You're already sick, so it's not going to help your cold." I grab the blanket draped on me and wrap it around Ahaan. Picking up his tossed towel, I stand in front of him and dry his hair thoroughly. Ahaan stops me by holding onto my wrists, my hands still resting on his head.

"You're not actually going to ignore me every time I break the touching rule, right? Because I'm planning to break it every day."

"Fine, have it your way," I cave in. I continue to dry his hair and Vincent's hands drops to his sides.

"Were you upset when Sonu told you I had a girlfriend?"

"You should know I hate cheaters. If you actually kissed me while you had a girlfriend, I wouldn't be drying your hair right now. I would've killed you in your sleep."

"So it's okay to kiss you if I don't have one?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Because..."

"Because?"

"You're my friend. Nothing more and nothing less."

Ahaan lightly chuckles. "Ouch. That stung more than I expected."

"Ahaan, you should try dating other girls. There are a lot of then who are much more compatible with you."

"I knew you would say that."

"It's true. We're great as friends, but I'm a boring person. I don't do anything but study and eat, and sleep, and talk to my turtle."

"Yeah, but you're more than that."

"If I was more than that, I would have friends."

"What do you mean? What happened between you and your friends?"

"Nothing. I meant that I would have more friend." Ahaan seems doubtful of my words, but doesn't push me for anymore comments on it.

"I don't want to be your friend."

" Ahaan, I'm serious. I'm either your friend or a stranger."

"Do you really think of me only a friend?"

A lump forms in my throat and I have to force the words past it. "You're my best friend."

"Wow, the friend zone sucks."

"As a friend, can you do me a favor?"

"What is it?"

"If Vamika asks you to the Winter Formal, please go with her. Give her a chance. She's a really nice girl."

"I was hoping you would never bring up Vamika ever again."

"It doesn't have to be Vamika. You should be dating. Maybe then people would stop bothering me about hogging you to myself."

"You say I should be dating, but you refuse to," Ahaan pouts.

"Maybe I should. You'd be the first person I introduce my boyfriend to," I tease. Ahaan face drops and I quickly draw back my words. "I'm joking. I don't want to date anyone. I prefer to hang out with Wilbur."

"Ishqi , why do you want me to date Vamika so bad? Just because she's your friend?"

"Well, I guess. She's been really nice to me since sixth grade. You guys are both my friends, so I would naturally want you guys to get together. I think you're both suited for each other."

"Will that make you happy? If I date Vamika?"

"Well, no. Not necessarily if you date her. I just want you to give her a chance. Maybe you might end up liking her. But I wouldn't want to force you to. I want you to be happy."

"So, if I dated a girl, you would be happy?" My fingers clutch tighter onto the towel.

"If you're happy I'm happy." I finish drying Ahaan's hair and fold the towel to place onto his chair.

"Fine, if you really want me to treat you like a guy friend that bad, I will." Ahaan clamps my head under his armpit. I squeal, reaching to push him off and unexpectedly placing my hands onto him bare stomach and back. Ahaan let me free, ruffling my hair and laughing at me. "I'm hungry. Let's order take-out." He walks downstairs ahead of me.

"At least out on a shirt first." I grab a blue one out of the closet and follow Ahaan downstairs.

I'm sorry, but I have to be selfish. Can't I at least keep Ahaan as a friend?

*****
END OF PART 14

Sorry for the really short chapter. It might be short, but it's important to set up Ahaan's and Ishqi's new limitations that are placed due to their new relationship. I promise the next chapter will be more exciting.

Next part at 15 votes and 30 comments