Chapter 01

It was the time of the morning, a crowd was standing outside the college. Some students were sitting in the garden, some were sitting on the bikes in the parking area. Some of them were holding the books or notes in their hands and some were gossiping.

A car was standing at the entrance of the college, not the main entrance. A boy was laying on the car’s bonnet covering his face with a hat. He was wearing a blue shirt on a white T-shirt with blue jeans. One boy was sitting near him and the other boy was sitting on the bike.

Students were looking at them.

A random boy said: aaj ka paper to hone se raha. Ye log khud to parhte nahi hain lekin humain bhi nahi parhne dete.

Boy 2: talk slowly if they hear you they will not leave you. Don’t you know them? They are…

Boy: I know, I know, they are spoiled brats of well-known businessmen and trustees of this college.

Boy 2: not only this. They are famous students of this college “The NVK”.

A boy came by running. He stopped to see the car and was panting.

The boy sitting on the bike looked at him.

Boy: what happened? Neil, DD has come.

Neil raised his hand and signed say.

DD: Woh, Avni went to give the exam from the back side, and to see her, other students were also going.

The boys were shocked. They looked at Neil who took away the hat from his face and his eyes were closed. Neil opened his eyes and was looking angry. He sat on the bonnet. His eyes were bluish and his hair was golden brown. His skin was white. He grins his teeth.

Neil: This girl.

Neil jumped from the car and he turned. He was looking angry. He ran and his friends ran behind him.

A girl was passing by the corridor. Her height was good enough, her eyes were black and her hair was black till her waist. She was wearing a Kurti.

Some books were in her hand and a bag was hanging on her shoulder

Some books were in her hand and a bag was hanging on her shoulder. She was about to enter the classroom but someone blocked her way. The girl flinched and took a step back in fear. She looked at the arm then she looked at the person. It was Neil who was standing by slightly bending as he was blocking the way of the girl. Neil opened his eyes and turned his face. His friend also reached there. The girl flinched to see Neil’s anger. Neil stood properly in the girl's way. He was looking at the girl.

Neil: ek baar main baat smajh main nahi aati. Jab ek baar keh diya ke paper nahi hoga to sunai nahi diya.

His friend: Neil, bhul gaya kya ye to topper hai humari class ki.

Neil: yeaaahhh, Avni Mehta, the favourite student of the teachers. Am I right?

They laughed. Avni looked at them.

Friend 2: lekin Neil, is baar madam top kaise karenge kyun ke is baar to exams honge hi nahi.

Neil: yeah, right, KK.

Avni was worried.

Avni: Dekho, ye exam dena mere liy bohat important hai please mujhe jane do.

Neil: han to jao kis ne roka hai.

Avni smiled. She was about to go but Neil came in her way. Avni flinched and she moved back. Neil gave her a deadly glare and Avni got scared.

Neil: jao lekin andar nahi apne ghar.

Avni’s eyes filled with tears.

Avni: please mujhe jane do.

Neil’s friend: sunai nahi diya Neil ne kya kaha.

Avni flinched.

Neil: chill Vidyut, relax. Dekho na bichari kitna dar gai hai.

Avni looked down and clenched her books near her chest.

Person: what is going on there?

Neil looked behind Avni and got a shock. Avni turned her face and then she turned. Avni smiled to see the person. Others also turned. It was a teacher. She came to them.

Avni: good morning, Ma’am.

Ma’am smiled to see Avni.

Ma’am: morning.

Neil and others: Good morning, Ma’am.

Ma’am: hmm, morning. Yahan aap sab log kya kar rahe hain paper nahi dena kya?

Avni looked at Neil. Neil and his friends smiled.

Neil: wahi ja rahe the, ma’am. Hain na, Vidyut, KK.

Vidyut and KK nod: yes, ma’am.

Ma’am: let’s go then.

Neil gave the way to the teacher and signed with his hand

Neil: First you, ma’am.

Neil gave the way to the ma’am, she went then Neil glared at Avni who looked at him then she lowered her gaze. Avni went into the classroom.

Everyone was sitting on the seat. Neil and his friends were clawless about the paper. Avni was writing the paper at full speed. Neil looked at her. Neil and his friends got angry.

Avni finished the paper and sighed happily. She arranged the sheets and rechecked them. Avni smiled.

Avni: Ma’am, I have done.

Neil looked up at Avni. The teacher came to her. Avni got up. The teacher checked her paper.l

Teacher: very good, Avni.

Avni smiled. The teacher kept her hand on her shoulder then she went. Avni sighed happily then she grabbed her things and went to get her bag and books. Avni went from there. Neil was angrily looking at Avni.

Avni was passing by the corridor.

Girl: Avni, Avni. Avni, stop.

Avni stopped and turned. She saw a girl coming to her by running. The girl stopped and was panting. Avni was confused to see her.

Avni: Sunehri?

Sunehri: kab… se… bu... bula rahi… ho. Aa… awa… (she gasped) awaz de rahi hun aur tu hai ke sun hi nahi rahi.

Avni frowned.

Avni: mujhe? Lekin kyun?

Sunehri: woh tujhse ek topic samjhna tha.

Avni: ok. Library chalen. Mujhe yeh books bhi return karni hain aur ek book issue karwani hai.

Sunehri: ok.

Avni turned. They started walking.

Avni: paper kaisa howa?

Sunehri: average tera to paper bohat acha howa hoga.

Avni smiled and nodded.

Sunehri: yeh to puri class ko pata hai.

They smiled.

On the other side, Neil was standing with Vidyut and Karan under the tree and a wall was behind them. Neil was standing by leaning against the wall and was rolling the keys of his bike on his index finger.

Vidyut: yaar, Neil, is Avni ki waja se aaj hamari bohat insult hoi hai. Is ka kuch karna parega.

Neil was in anger.

Karan: han, yaar, sab students hum per huns rahe hain. Kuch kar.

Neil nodded.

Neil: kuch sochta hun main.

Neil looked at his friends then he thought.

Person: mere pass ek plan hai.

They turned their faces and a girl was standing there.

Neil: Juhi.

Juhi was wearing a skirt. She smiled and came to them.

Juhi: main tum logon ki help kar sakti hun.

Neil: lekin tum humari help kyun karna chahti ho?

Juhi: of ho, Neil, hum friends hain aur waise bhi mujhe bhi us Avni, the nerd se apna hisab barabar karna hai.

Neil and his friends smirked.

Karan: plan kya hai?

Juhi told them the plan. They looked at each other.

Karan: Awesome plan.

Juhi: Thanks.

Vidyut: ab ayega maza.

Neil smirked and stopped rotating the keys and grabbed them in his fist.  Neil smirked.

Some days passed and they did not get the chance to execute their plan. It was the last paper.

Avni was going to the classroom. Juhi came to her. Avni stopped to see her.

Juhi: Avni, Jaya ma’am tumhe lab main bula rahi hain.

Anvi: mujhe? Is time?

Juhi: nahi to kya mujhe.

Avni: lekin abhi to paper shuru hone wala hai.

Juhi: woh mujhe nahi pata jana hai to jao warna tumhari marzi.

Juhi went. Avni turned as she was looking at Juhi. Avni saw the time in her watch and thought.

Avni: Abhi 15 minutes hain paper start hone main, chali jati hun.

Avni went. She entered the lab.

Avni: Ma’am, Ma’am. Ma’am, are you there?

The door closed at her back. Avni flinched and turned.

Someone locked the door.

Avni: hey.

It was Neil. He smirked. He did HiFi with his friends.

Avni came to the door and tried to open it.

Neil stood by leaning to the wall and his one leg was up. Neil closed his eyes.

Avni: open the door, main andar hun.

Karan: jante hain isi liye to band kiya hai.

Neil smiled. Vidyut and Karan did Hi-Fi. Avni heard them.

Vidyut: Bye-bye, Avni Mehta, ab yahin beth kar paper do.

They laughed. Juhi came there.

Juhi: kya kar rahe ho chalo kisi ne dekh liya to musibat ho jaegi.

Avni was banging on the door. Neil stood.

Neil: let’s go, guys.

Everyone nodded. Avni cried into the room.

Avni: please kholo.

Neil stopped as he felt bad. Neil turned. Vidyut came to him.

Vidyut: Chal.

Neil nodded and then he looked at the door. Vidyut held his arm and took him from there. They ran. Avni was banging on the door. Avni held the handle of the door and tried to open it but no use.

Avni: koi hai? Darwaza kholo. Koi hai? Kholo, koi to kholo.

Avni again started banging on the door.

Avni: Darwaza kholo, mera paper hai. Main andar lock ho gai hun.

Avni was panting and her eyes were teary. She saw the time and it showed 09:05 a.m. Avni was shocked.

Avni: oh, no. paper to shuru ho gaya hoga agar maine aaj paper nahi diya to…

Avni panicked.

Avni: Nahi, nahi. Mujhe kuch karna hoga. Mujhe kaise bhi kar ke yahan se nikalna hoga.

Avni again tried but no use. She stopped banging on the door and cried badly by keeping her fist on the door. Avni again tried to open the door by holding the handle but no use. Avni sat on her knees and cried badly.

Avni said while crying: koi to kholo.

Avni was crying bitterly.