ᴄᴏᴍꜰᴏʀᴛ

Summary: Race after race after race where his team failed him, Charles only needs the comfort of your touch to feel better.

Words: 1.0k+

♡♡♡♡♡

Ferrari had done it again.

Yet another failed strategy, yet another shitty race.

You couldn't even keep count of these anymore.  Weekend after weekend, race after race, everything seemed to be going against your boyfriend. 

From failed hydraulics, to bad-times pit stops, to bad strategies, to crashes. You name it, Ferrari did it. You knew how much the team mattered to Charles, but it was getting out of hand and ridiculous.

When it was time for the Brazilian Grand Prix, you had hoped that it would be different this time. That maybe, just maybe, the team wouldn't mess this one up.

But of course, you had been wrong once again.

The hydraulics had failed, leaving your boyfriend out of the race in the Formation Lap.

"Why am I so unlucky?" your heart broke when you heard the broken voice of your boyfriend on the radio.

You could feel, even from just hearing his voice, how hurt and disappointed he was that he found himself, once again, out of the race before he could prove himself.

You waited impatiently for him to get back to the Ferrari garage, knowing he was going to be in a foul mood and you would have to figure out a way to cheer him up and make him feel better about himself and the situation.

Seeing his car being hauled towards the garage and him slowly stomping after it made your heart hurt for him.

The moment he looked up and noticed you waiting for him there, he sped up and crashed into your arms, letting his helmet fall to the ground.

"You're okay, baby. I'm here, it's okay" you whispered in his ear, running your hand through his hair softly.

"Let's go" he mumbled in your ear before he pulled away, took your hand and started leading you to his driver's room.

You followed him in silence, knowing it was best to let him come to you and talk whenever he was ready. Pushing him did nothing but worsen his current state.

After you had made it to his room, he locked the door behind you before collapsing on his couch with his face buried in the pillow, grunting.

You slowly walked up to him and sat down on the edge of the couch, your hands slowly starting to massage his back and his shoulder.

He moaned at the feeling, his hand finding your knee and gently rubbing his hand over it.

As you worked on his back and shoulders, you could feel the tense knots slowly dissipate, his muscled finally starting to relax after hours and hours of soliciting. 

"How are you feeling?" you had asked him after several minutes of silence, your hands now only dragging your nails up and down his back like you knew he liked.

He sighed, leaning into your touch. 

"Like shit" he mumbled, his thick Monegasque accent rippling through.

"I know, baby" you comforted him, continuing to run your hands up and down his back.

"I just don't understand why this keeps happening" he began, turning around on his side so he was facing you. "Every single race, something has to go wrong for me, but never for Carlos. It's always be that's out, always me who has car problems, always me who crashes, me every single time. I'm starting to think they're doing it on purpose" your heart broke hearing him talk like this about the team he had dreamt of being a part of since he was a little child.

"Hey, hey, don't think like that. I know it's incredibly frustrating, and you've had a tough year, but that doesn't mean that things aren't going to get better. You just need to have faith in yourself and in the team" you tried to comfort him, despite knowing that no words could make him feel better about the situation.

He nodded but didn't say anything, just closing his eyes in hopes to escape the world and everything around him.

♡♡♡♡♡

You had hoped it would be different now. The car was looking good, he was flying in qualifying, securing his spot in pole, everything seemed to be going perfectly.

Until it didn't.

Chaos in the garage preparing for a pit stop and a bad strategic decision later, Charles found himself out of the race, once again. 

You couldn't watch the screen where your boyfriend was retiring his car, feeling furious beyond words.

The amount of sweat, tears and pain that Charles had poured into the team, the loyalty he had for Ferrari even when everything proved against the team, and still they failed him every time he needed them.

You stormed out of the garage, making your way to Charles' room where you knew he would appear as soon as he got out of the car.

In times like this, you knew the last thing he wanted was to linger in the garage with his team, angry as he was, not wanting to cause a scene where everyone could see and hear.

True to your word, not even 10 minutes had passed by until the door opened and in came Charles, looking sadder than you had ever seen him.

When his eyes met yours, he couldn't hold in the tears that started running down his cheeks. You pouted and quickly got up, enveloping him in your arms and squeezing him tightly.

Charles hugged you back just as tightly, burying his face in the crook of your neck and letting out sobs that chipped away little bits of your heart at a time. 

You stayed like that for a good 10 minutes, letting him get everything out of his system while kissing every inch of his body that you could reach and whispering sweet reassurances in his ear. 

Once he started calming down and his tears were no longer flowing down his cheeks, he slowly lifted his head from your neck, his beautiful eyes now swollen and red.

"Oh, my sweet love" you whispered, giving him a gentle smile before pecking his lips and cradling his face in your hands.

"I'm sick of this" he said, his voice hoarse and croaky.

"I know, I know" you nodded and brought him in for another hug, making sure he could feel your love and support in his time of need.

Despite being once again disappointed by Ferrari, in that moment, Charles couldn't help but smile a little, knowing that despite everything, he had you by his side.

And you were all he needed.

♡♡♡♡♡