ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ

Summary: You and Charles have always been there for each other, and you will continue to do so always and forever.

Words: 1.7k+

♡♡♡♡♡

It had always been the two of you.

You had known each other since you were kids, starting as best friends and then evolving into a beautiful couple that stuck with each other through everything.

You were always there to cheer him up and make him feel better after bad races, he was always there when the hate from the fans was too much for you. You were a rock to each other.

Charles has had a bad year. Ferrari was doing worse than ever, he couldn't win races because of the car, people were putting pressure on him to perform and he just felt like he couldn't do it anymore without breaking down.

He's had his fair load of bad strategies, long pit stops, feeling like the team didn't support him and prioritized Carlos instead of him, overall just doing him dirty all year long.

It was now time for the last race of the season, Abu Dhabi. 

Like always, you were right next to your boyfriend, having taken time off work to make sure you could be there with him for the entire weekend.

You were currently in your hotel room, getting ready to go with Charles to the paddock ahead of qualifying that afternoon.

"I don't want to go" Charles said while he watched you do your hair, his heart swelling when he saw you wearing a Ferrari shirt with his name and number on the back.

"Why not? You love Abu Dhabi" you frowned in confusion, just now seeing how truly miserable he looked.

"I know how things will play out, so I don't even see the point of racing when I just now I'll disappoint everyone yet again" he shrugged, looking at his feet and playing with his fingers.

You put down the hair straightener that you were holding and stepped closer to him, taking his face in your hands and making him have no choice but to look at you.

"Mon amour, I know you've had a tough year, and nobody is blaming you for your results. Everyone sees that Ferrari is letting you down and they know you are doing the best you can with what you have. Stop worrying about what people are going to say and just go out there and do what you love the most. Race, have fun. Screw the results, I'm going to be proud of you no matter what place you end up on. But just go and have fun one last time this year and we'll come back stronger next year" by the time you finished speaking, Charles was biting his lip and a tear was threatening to spill from his eye.

"I love you so much, you know that?" he whispered and chuckled, his voice cracking at the end.

"I love you too, and I'm so proud of you, baby" you whispered before leaning in and capturing your lips in a passionate kiss.

Charles wrapped his arms tightly around your waist, pulling your body flush against his, wanting to be as close to you as humanly possible.

You were holding him just as tightly, your arms securely wrapped around his neck while one hand played with the small hairs at the back of his neck.

"Ready?" you asked once you pulled away, outstretching your hand towards him with an encouraging smile.

He nodded and took your hand, placing a kiss on the back of it.

"Let's go"

♡♡♡♡♡

The Ferrari garage was buzzing.