Chapter 110 - Proud parents

Start from the beginning

 "So you kids really put aside all of this to-"

 "Yes."

 "That's correct."

 As if I wasn't confused enough yet, I found myself getting dragged over to the crate by the girls.

 "Papa, can you use this to buy us some eggs?"

 "Eggs?"

 "Yes, eggs."

 "Why would you want so many eggs?"

 And just how much mora is in that crate?!

 "To throw at that bas-  at that guy, of course." Trow nodded gravely.

 ????????

 "Girls... Would you mind explaining to us what this is about?" Neuvillette sighed.

 They hesitated for a moment before Veleda stepped forward to explain.

 "A few years back we all decided that we would all put one month's worth allowance together and stash it away somewhere. We had two options for what we would do with the money depending on what that assho- depending on what Gerlad did with his life."

 "And you did this why exactly?" Neuvillette sighed.

 "Because that guy felt like a prick."

 "We didn't like him."

 "He stinks."

 A few more insults were thrown around each more colorful than the last.

 It got to the point where I started wondering just what crowds the girls spent their time with.

 "Girls, wait just a moment. So you're saying that none of you were fond of him?"

 "Yeah... Not really."

 "He  just gave off this feeling."

 "Like a snake."

 "Right! A snake."

 "And none of you thought of sharing this with me?" Neuvillette sighed again.

 "We thought that since the other guy we compared to a not-so-friendly animal was okay, this one might turn out fine as well." Trow explained.

 "The other guy-"

 "Papa. We're talking about Papa."

 Yet another sigh left Neuvillette as he couched down next the the children.

 "Next time  you don't like someone or get a bad feeling about them, just tell me, alright?"

 "So... We are not to blame for this one?" Sigewinne asked hesitantly.

 Wait.

 Even you knew that he was a prick?!

 You don't even go to the surface that often.

 So it wasn't just me who thought of that guy as an a*shole at first sight!

 "Of course, you are not to blame. Who would ever blame you, my dear little ones? I just hope that if something like this happens again you will tell me."

 "Okay!"

 "We will!"

 "Next time we will tell you!" 

 "For sure."

 Neuvillette smiled at them, petting them on the head. A deep relief hid behind that smile knowing that the girls wouldn't be hurt by this betrayal so deeply.