Chapter 84 - A Perfect Proposal

Neuvillette's POV

 "Excuse me?"

 They want to do what?

 "We'll help you plan a proposal, Monsieur." Navia smiled.

 "You will... help me?"

 "With all due respect, Monsieur Neuvillette, it doesn't look like you will be capable of doing such a thing by yourself for the next century." Navia stated bluntly.

 "If you make him wait that long, Wriothesley will at the very least attempt to beat you to death once or twice in the meantime." Clorinde added.

 Well...

 Seeing as how last time he attempted to do exactly that simply because I told him to stop punching the seal in the Primordial Sea, that is certainly a possibility.

 And I am most definitely not capable of planning such a thing on my own.

 "I'll be in your care then."

 But, oh dear, did I not expect what was to come.

 "So it cannot be done at home?"

 "It can, but you have to make it romantic."

 "Romantic?"

 "Candles, flowers, things Wriothesley likes."

 "Tea?"

 "I do believe that may backfire, Monsieur. You might find his attention drawn away from the moment fairly quickly." Navia laughed.

 Point taken. No tea then.

 We had been at this for almost an hour at this point and I still didn't have a clear picture of it.

 I might just be way in over my head with this one.

 "If it isn't too rude to ask what you would want to see if you were proposed to, Miss Navia? Else, how would you go about proposing to someone?"

 Her face lit up at the question and Clorinde-

 Huh?

 Shifting slightly away from Navia, Clorinde quietly pulled out her notebook.

 Our eyes met and she swiftly indicated for me to look away and not draw too much attention to her.

 ???

 Humans are so difficult to understand.

 "I for one would love to be proposed to during sunset."

 "Sunset?"

 "Right! The atmosphere would just be perfect! All those beautiful colors in the sky... It would be wonderful! Sunrise would of course be an option too, but I prefer sunset."

 "So even something as mundane as the color of the sky can change the setting of a proposal?"

 "Naturally! And... what else...? Oh! Flowers! It would be wonderful if there were a lot of flowers around and it should most definitely be outside!"

 "So you have a preference for the outdoors, Miss Navia?"

 "I do, but some people prefer the comfort of their home. It depends on the couple, really. After all, it is the place you ask your partner to spend the rest of their life with you. The people involved would know best where they wish to ask such a question." She nodded.

 My biggest problem is that we have been through that process already.

 Had this matter come up a week or two ago, I would have without question said that my domain would be the perfect place.