V3 Chapter 5: Creating All-Stars

Start from the beginning

Sakura: U-uhm if I-

Karuizawa: Whatever the meat brain says doesn't matter, send him and Hirata-Kun out to find those two!

Sakura: He-hey can someon-

Shinohara: Two of them?

Karuizawa: Koenji is some sort of a monkey so it doesn't matter to me really what happens to him-

Sakura: EXCUSE ME!

For once, Sakura said something that everyone could hear.  Was that the first time I heard her voice...?  Never mind that, it's a useless thought.

Sakura: Hirata-Kun is r-right.  If we leave, s-someone might get hurt in the dark and-

Karuizawa: Oooh Sakura-Chan do you have a crush on Hirata-Kun? 

Shinohara: Ooh Sakura and Hirata sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G.

Hirata: Hey that's not right at all! 

Hirata stood in front of the two, and for once I saw the look on his face that seemed so foreign on him-a sharp piercing glare.  Karuizawa and Shinohara shrunk back from his eyes.

Hirata: Bullying another classmate?  Karuizawa-San, Shinohara-San...how could you?

Sakura: N-no it's fine...

Sakura mumbled that to herself as more and more of the class began to close in and lock us all into a circle.  I stood near the edge of the crowd and frowned; we are definitely going to fail this exam.  We don't have a suitable leader at all and currently, this class is devolving rapidly.

Miyake: Hirata man come on let's just chill out over here.

Miyake placed a hand carefully on Hirata's shoulder and the glare disappeared from his face.  He looked around at all of our faces, shock plastered onto our expressions.  Hirata shook his head and walked away with Miyake, and I saw them sit at the base of a tree far away from the class.

Ike: Good going Shinohara, now even Hirata is mad at us!

Shinohara: I was just joking around, he overreacted.

Yamauchi: Man of course the girls are causing problems: first it's the toilet, now it's this.  Chicks are cutthroat man, you just had to learn the hard way.

He shrugged at the end of that statement, not realizing he just pissed of more than half the class.  Instantly, Sato and Karuizawa took a large stride towards him with glares on their faces.

Karuizawa: Say that again woulda?  Didn't here what you said?

Yamauchi: Nothing, nothing...

Sato: We thought you said that we were causing problems huh?  Is that true?!

I breathed out a loud sigh, which made the girls beside me stiffen up.  I stepped forward, in between Yamauchi and the girls.

Suzune: As much as I despise Yamauchi-Kun for what he said, we have something to do.  Sudo-Kun, Miyake-Kun, could you come over here?

Sudo: Huh?  What's up?

Suzune: I want the both of you to help me search out there.  In the meantime, Hirata-Kun make sure the camp is secure and the flag is safe.  Everyone else be on the lookout for any attacks or the missing students to return. 

Shinohara: Hey, question, yoohoo.

Suzune: Yes?

Shinohara: I was wondering what we do if you guys get lost?

Suzune: Don't send anyone after us, it probably means we fell into a trap.  In that case, play the rest of the game defensively and focus on protecting the flag.  If there are no more questions, I'll be leaving now.

The class began to get busy with Hirata beginning to direct them every which-way while shooting me a thankful look. 

Approaching the edge of the camp and into the tree line, the sound of the cicadas chirping became similar to a concert, a veritable chorus of chirps that harassed my ears while also bringing back pleasant but also unpleasant memories of hot summer nights with my window open, fanning out the hot air desperately.

The way my sweat-stained shirt clung to my body had provided a myriad of uncomfortable positions of which I rolled my body into trying to escape the uncomfortable sensation.  The same experience was happening now, and I loosed my collar slightly so as to allow air into it.  The air moved in and I could feel a slight cooling above my breasts before the heat came back.

Miyake: Horikita.

Suzune: Yes Miyake-Kun?

Miyake: I didn't think you would have sent people out to find the others, you know, cause you're kind of an ice queen.

Suzune: I'm doing it for the sake of the class obviously.  I don't personally care about what happens to any of them, just as long as they don't drop out and make us lose points.

Sudo: Damn that's cutthroat And kinda hot

Miyake: Pfft, mhfhdjs.

Miyake laughed into his arm at whatever Sudo muttered under his breath, and both refused to make eye contact with me, instead deciding to consult the forest floor for advice.

Suzune: I don't understand boys at all.

Sudo: I think for now it's better that way then.

Miyake: There is more than one reason you should keep her pure, Ken, bahahaha.

Sudo: Did I befriend you or Ike, cause there's been some morherfucking miscommunication here.

Suzune: Both of you, shut it-

Miyake: Come on Ken, shoot your shot!

I heard Miyake whisper loudly to Sudo.

Sudo: Shh, shut up you're too loud!

Miyake: So are you!

Sudo: Shh!

Miyake: Shh!

Sudo: Shh!

Suzune: Please almighty creature or eldritch horror that is beyond human comprehension, come down now and put me out of my miserable existence.

???: Hey, you're Suzune Horikita right?

All three of us stopped dead in our tracks, not even one of us daring to move.  The voice came from nowhere, I didn't even know someone was following us...!

Suzune: Yes, I am.  What do you want from me and my companions.

I took a shaky breath before turning around to look at the speaker of these words.  A black haired girl with a side-ponytail stood slightly to the side of the path.  She stared at a deck of cards in her hand and thumbed one of the cards. 

Yamamura: I'm Miki Yamamura, and I'm here to ask you to bet with me.

Sudo: A bet...?

Yamamura: Yeah...a simple game of Double Concentration...

          Loser drops out of this exam

Author: Yamamura's new ooc nature has nothing to do with me binging Kakeurei, no not at all.  Idk I thought she was kinda boring and wanted to change her.  Shorter chapter today because...yeah.  Have a great day and see you next time I update!